Are recordings and alerts supposed to tied to each other?

NewDaddy

Are recordings and alerts supposed to tied to each other?

Post by NewDaddy »

This is driving me crazy.

I'm trying to set up a "stay arm" profile, under which indoor cameras will only record but not fire alerts. They should fire alerts only under the "away arm" profile.
So, under the "Record" tab, I have these cameras sync their "stay arm" profile with their "away arm" profile.
Under the "Alert" tab, I have decoupled the two profiles and made sure that alerts are "Never fired" under the "stay arm" profile.

Nonetheless, whenever these cameras are triggered by motion, I receive alerts.

What am I doing wrong?
terk

Re: Are recordings and alerts supposed to tied to each other?

Post by terk »

How are you controlling the profile change, built in Geo-presence or some other method and have you verified the profile is changing appropriately? Also do you even want motion triggers active when at home, if not you wouldn't want the away arm synced to the home arm as you'd want to turn off the motion trigger on the home arm profile.
NewDaddy

Re: Are recordings and alerts supposed to tied to each other?

Post by NewDaddy »

terk wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:17 pm How are you controlling the profile change, built in Geo-presence or some other method and have you verified the profile is changing appropriately? Also do you even want motion triggers active when at home, if not you wouldn't want the away arm synced to the home arm as you'd want to turn off the motion trigger on the home arm profile.
I change from the global profile and put them on hold with the red square showing.
I also made sure that individual cameras are not on a different profile than the global profile.

I don't exactly need motion triggers active when at home, but this is just part of my learning process.
I eventually plan to keep motion triggers active on work cameras for liability reasons, with the alert disabled.