Cannot connect via LAN from phone after changing IP of server

ElPedro1970

Cannot connect via LAN from phone after changing IP of server

Post by ElPedro1970 »

I have recently moved, and am having a strange issue with BI that I hope someone can help with.

Prior to moving, I was able to access my cameras via BI web server or app - from my PC, over WAN and LAN thru http:w.x.y.z:81, and from my iphone via the BI app.

Since moving, things changed. My internal LAN network address changed due to ISP. So, I had to change the IP of my BI server.

I can still access my cameras the following ways:

PC - WAN and LAN via http:w.x.y.z:81
iphone - WAN only

On my phone, in the BI app, I changed the LAN IP to reflect the new ip, and put the :81 in just like it was before. The BI server says it is listening on port 81 on the new LAN IP.
There is no firewall running on the BI server - the only configuration change between moving and now is the LAN IP (and WAN, but that's working) changed.

Has anyone run across this, or have any ideas?

Thanks!
YrbkMgr

Re: Cannot connect via LAN from phone after changing IP of server

Post by YrbkMgr »

So basically, you can't access the LAN IP address of the camera on your phone - make sure your phone is on the same wireless network as your LAN.
2022-02-02_193701.jpg
2022-02-02_193701.jpg (47.7 KiB) Viewed 8231 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In the BI server running on your desktop, go into the BI settings, 'Webserver' tab, and click 'Refresh'.

This will refresh the public IP address in BI.

You can also change the 'Refresh external IP...' from 1440 (every day), to a smaller number like 60 (every hour).
Last edited by MikeBwca on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

Check the webserver advanced settings page to make sure nothing needs to be changed there.
ElPedro1970

Post by ElPedro1970 »

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

My phone is on the same lan. I can get to the camera system from safari/chrome on the phone by typing in the IP address:81. Just cannot get to it from the app over the LAN. Tried it from a couple of different devices, same result.

Any other thoughts? BI supoort has been completely unresponsive.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

If you want to look at it with the app on the LAN, don't use Port 81 - that's for the web server. Leave it off
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
war4peace

Post by war4peace »

A bit of a necro, but I stumbled upon this topic while troubleshooting the same issue.
What fixed it was adding a Windows Firewall rule to ALLOW incoming connections on port 81 from LAN clients. BI mobile app instantly connected afterwards.
I hope this would help others.