Configure size of images in email alert

General discussion about Blue Iris
paulctan

Configure size of images in email alert

Post by paulctan »

I managed to change the size (to max) of the email images when I configured Blue Iris, but now, I want to change the jpg size to something smaller. I can't seem to find where to change this again. I know I changed it once, but I can't find it again. Can someone help?

Thanks.
IAmATeaf

Re: Configure size of images in email alert

Post by IAmATeaf »

Isn’t it in the Alerts tab for each cam?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I think it's in the Record tab in camera settings, if I recall correctly.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

paulctan wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:14 pm I managed to change the size (to max) of the email images when I configured Blue Iris, but now, I want to change the jpg size to something smaller. I can't seem to find where to change this again. I know I changed it once, but I can't find it again. Can someone help?

Thanks.
Do you mean this?
2021-12-12_225929.JPG
2021-12-12_225929.JPG (75.56 KiB) Viewed 20659 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
paulctan

Post by paulctan »

Thanks! That what I was looking for!
Burkereader

Post by Burkereader »

I have the same problem with email image sizing. I can't open the attached image link above (dead link?) and changes under "Record" doesn't change anything. Thank you
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

You can reduce the Quality to reduce the overall file size, and/or adjust the actual size of the image sent with the Scaling slider.

sizing-email-image.png
sizing-email-image.png (36.27 KiB) Viewed 18810 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
louyo

Post by louyo »

Some observations:
(I am wrong more than right).
As noted above, the image can be scaled (with limitations).
If you are using substreams, the max resolution is the substream setting in the camera itself.
If you are not using substreams the max resolution is the mainstream setting in the camera.
If you are using substreams and using AI and check "use mainstream if available" (not recommended), you will get the mainstream camera setting, otherwise the substream.
The Record tab shows resolution settings for jpegs, that is subject to the above.
I wrote my own script to send the jpeg file from the alerts folder, that merely sends the full image ignoring the scale % in the alert action setting. I use it to send alerts to my phone.
JohnDD

Post by JohnDD »

The problem i have is that fact soo many of these tutorials were written apparently on a different version of blue iris because i layout is different for me. i'm using the demo right now to make sure if this is what i want and i to have very delayed push over notifications. mine are roughly 20-30 seconds. i have blue iris set to record to substream+ Alerts and i don't have use mainstream if available clicked for the AI. Main reason for pushover is i use reolink cams which don't have rich notifications but the delay is horrendous.
Burkereader

Post by Burkereader »

Yes I am in agreement with the scaling used for SMS messages to a phone. My problem however is in regard to email alerts. On the Action Set screen selected from the Alerts screen there are number of action types including the choice to send a SMS or an email. I am needing the attached image in the email to be scaled and enhanced.