DeepStack Isuses and Alert Scaling After 5.5.1.20 Upgrade

nh905g

Post by nh905g »

I logged into my Blue Iris server yesterday and was prompted to login to Blue Iris. Blue Iris started properly but later in the day, I noticed that I was not receiving any alerts. The Cancelled Only alerts all showed DeepStack:-1. Restarting Blue Iris did not solve the problem, but everything seemed fine after rebooting the server.

Blue Iris has been working fine so I haven't been checking for updates. The Blue Iris log shows that it automatically upgraded me from 5.4.9.18 to 5.5.1.20, "DeepStack could not be started", and "DeepStack not responding at 127.0.0.1:82". The same messages appeared after manually Blue Iris. The log shows successful DeepStack start/responding after the reboot. So far, I have not found a DeepStack log.

I noticed that the images sent via emails were much larger than before. The scaling for all cameras is now 70%. I am not sure what I used before or even if I had changed the default, but setting the scaling to 30% on one camera and 15-20% on higher resolution cameras. I was hoping to compare the current and earlier exported Settings .reg files but have not found how to make them readable.

Lastly, should Blue Iris default to reporting all alerts if DeepStack is not working/responding? I would rather see a few false positives rather than having all alerts cancelled.
aesterling

Post by aesterling »

I’ve had similar problems. I’d suggest you either update to 5.5.2.1 (or newer) or roll back to 5.5.1.16.

From what I understand, the way BI launches Deepstack changed in 5.5.1.17. It was intended to improve performance but caused a few issues for some users depending on how your system is setup. If neither of those changes solve your issue, reply here or email support. :)
Tommyt57

Re: DeepStack Isuses and Alert Scaling After 5.5.1.20 Upgrade

Post by Tommyt57 »

5.5 has been nothing but trouble for me. Tried many versions and all had issues. I did report them, but they could not fix it. Running 5.4.9.18 and using the early 2021 Deepstack. Life is good now...... but looks like I'm going to stay with 5.4.

5.5 and Sept Deepstack release............ Nothing but trouble.
YrbkMgr

Re: DeepStack Isuses and Alert Scaling After 5.5.1.20 Upgrade

Post by YrbkMgr »

Tommyt57 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:38 am 5.5 has been nothing but trouble for me. Tried many versions and all had issues. I did report them, but they could not fix it. Running 5.4.9.18 and using the early 2021 Deepstack. Life is good now...... but looks like I'm going to stay with 5.4.

5.5 and Sept Deepstack release............ Nothing but trouble.
That's been my experience as well. Nothing but trouble. Giving 5.4 serious thought...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.