Longer triggered recording, and start record earlier b4 trigger event

ozguy

Longer triggered recording, and start record earlier b4 trigger event

Post by ozguy »

Hi guru's,

I'm new to the forum, and have been using BlueIris for a month now.

First question is if there's a FAQ section so i can read that first in future?

I have configured 5 camera's (4 Amcrest, 1 Hikvision) and I have recording set to start upon motion trigger. Sub Streams enabled, and Direct to disk enabled.

However for some reason:
1) The recording does not seem to start when motion has been detected (I'm halfway into room before recording starts).
2) Recording does not continue until motion stops (seems to stop after 10 - 20 seconds, regardless of motion).
3) There is a delay before it will record again (walk into garage twice, and recording only records the 1st entrance).

Pre-trigger video buffer is set to 5 seconds.
End-trigger unless re-triggered is set to 5 seconds.
Video set to "When Triggered", however min (10) and for (5 secs) fields are grayed out. I cannot change those 2 parameters.

Any advise would be appreciated.
atreyu

Re: Longer triggered recording, and start record earlier b4 trigger event

Post by atreyu »

For the camera configuration, under Video, is “limit decoding unless required” checked?

I had a similar problem of slow/poor motion detection but discovered it was due to that check box. When checked, In most situations it only uses the key (full image) frames. My Reolinks have a 0.25 key frame per second rate on the SD stream. So the cameras were only being analyzed every 4s.
ozguy

Re: Longer triggered recording, and start record earlier b4 trigger event

Post by ozguy »

Thanks @atreyu for the response. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond.

I did check all camera's, and the "limit decoding unless required" option is not checked on any of the cameras.