Remote Management - Stream Quality Pixelation

chrisrevv082

Remote Management - Stream Quality Pixelation

Post by chrisrevv082 »

Does anyone else have issues with pixelation when using the remote management feature?
When I first connect, the images are extreamly pixelated and over about 4 seconds gradually clear up, then about 15 seconds later pixelate again and gradually clear up again over & over..
I have tried playing with settings Like disabling stream bitrate restrictions ect but cannot get it to improve, I am glad I tested this out with a demo version as I would have been livered if I paid for a licence and got that!

Note this only happens on a Client computer connected to another server and both are on the same LAN so bandwidth isnt an issue here.
jlvaldez

Re: Remote Management - Stream Quality Pixelation

Post by jlvaldez »

Yes. I have this issue. It is annoying.
kb1ojr

Post by kb1ojr »

I had this issue, my fix was to upgrade the pc. I have 15 cameras running at 720 or higher. The processor was a i7 Gen 3, I upgraded to a i7 gen 9 9700k with a m2 drive for the new local storage as well as 32gb ram. Videos load very fast and no pixelation. I also use direct to disk recording if that helps.

I would say look at your cpu resource utilization, if it is high that could be a problem.
DrDrrae

Post by DrDrrae »

I am having the same issue. Every 15 seconds, almost exactly, the streams pixelize. I've tried changing the various settings under Encoder options but nothing has changed.
chrisrevv082

Post by chrisrevv082 »

kb1ojr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:08 pm I had this issue, my fix was to upgrade the pc. I have 15 cameras running at 720 or higher. The processor was a i7 Gen 3, I upgraded to a i7 gen 9 9700k with a m2 drive for the new local storage as well as 32gb ram. Videos load very fast and no pixelation. I also use direct to disk recording if that helps.

I would say look at your cpu resource utilization, if it is high that could be a problem.
I dont think thats my issue, I only have 2x cameras and my server has a Xeon E3 cpu and 16g of ram, if the mobile app wasnt so good I would probably jump ship and use milestone :P