Record all footage but also show real time feed from each camera on separate screens?

anglezero

Record all footage but also show real time feed from each camera on separate screens?

Post by anglezero »

I am wondering if Blue Iris can support the following scenario:

* Multiple ONVIF cameras (up to 16).
* One computer with BI on it to record all feeds like a typical installation would do.
* But I would also like four flat screen monitors such that BI can show a real time video feed from any one of the cameras and send it to any of the display monitors.
* This is for an art project so I want the display monitor feeds to be just the camera's video feed, no interface elements like title bars, clock, etc.
* Be able to replay recent recorded footage from any camera on any screen.
* This will all be on site at one location where the art project is installed.
* I have a computer which easily exceeds minimum specs for BI and all networking will be hardwired so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.
* I can put a separate computer at each of the display monitors if need be.
* I think the Web Server UI3 might be part of the solution here but I want all interface to be hidden from the public. in other words, the display monitors will only show the real time feed (with no BI UI elements) or a replay (again, with no BI UI elements). It would be cool to be able to do it all from the central BI PC but I'd be OK with having a separate computer to drive each display monitor as an second screen so that the UI stays on the main screen.

How much of this is possible? From all the reading and YouTube tutorials I've seen, I know I can do the above with the BI interface showing on screen but I was wondering if there is a way to hide the UI. I have a co-worker who does programming so if the solution would need tapping into the API to make stuff work, that option is on the table to make this work.
MikeBwca

Re: Record all footage but also show real time feed from each camera on separate screens?

Post by MikeBwca »

In the BI console, right-click a camera and select 'Open in desktop frame'. You can move it to whatever monitor you want, set the size and position, or maximized to fill the entire monitor. You can still control the playback normally using the BI console.
anglezero

Re: Record all footage but also show real time feed from each camera on separate screens?

Post by anglezero »

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring up one camera feed without any interface elements?
athlonxp

Post by athlonxp »

I would use rtsp for this (BI is also an rtsp server): manual p.213:
"RTSP server You may request an RTSP stream from your HTTP port as well with the URI format /{cam-
short-name} or /{group-name}. Stream and image parameters may be added just as they are
available for /image. For example: rtsp://yourip:81/index"

e.g. rtsp://user:password@x.x.x.x:81/Garage2&w=1280&h=720
anglezero

Post by anglezero »

Very interesting! I did some initial reading and this sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the lead!