Push notifications not working Android

General discussion about Blue Iris
Rene

Push notifications not working Android

Post by Rene »

Hello

I have set BI up with deepstack to detect persons, and set BI app on my android phone,
I use zerotier to connet phone to BI server.

It all worked fins when I set it up sunday, and worked for about 24 hours.

Then it is not working anymore. I have tried to update BI, delete the BI app and install the app again, but I do not get any notifications on the phone.

When I use the test function in BI, it is working fine and I am getting a push notofication.

But when i go infront of the camera it is not working. BI detect a person and is starting to record and saving the clips, but no message on the phone.

Any suggetions?
Matts1984

Re: Push notifications not working Android

Post by Matts1984 »

Is DeepStack cancelling the alert? I was having sufficient enough cancelled alerts (and wasn't getting many false positives before) that I ended up uninstalling DeepStack last night.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
terk

Post by terk »

Each alert on each camera can be set to only be active for certain profiles. The push alert on that camera is active for the profile it's currently on?
Rene

Post by Rene »

Hey

Thanks for your reply.

Dont know how to see if deepstack is cancelling the alert. But dont think so since the clips are recorded.

But since it was starting not to work i have noticed that some clips recorded have black screen in the clips overview.

The profiles are active 1 on alerts and camera.

Only thing ive just noticed is profile 0 was not active on my user, but dont think it is the problem since, the profile on alerts and on mobile app is active 1.

Thinking about dropping zerotier and try openvpn or stunnel, but not sure if it will du any change to the problem.

Also thinking about deleting BI, and start all over with new install.
nerd

Post by nerd »

My Android notifications stopped working as well, on both my phone and my wife's phone. They stopped working before I set up Deepstack, but I'm not sure exactly when. I've confirmed that whether Deepstack is activated or not, notifications don't work anymore. Confirmed settings are all correct. I can see the alerts in the alerts list, but when they trigger there is no push notification sent to the phones any more.
Rene

Post by Rene »

It seems like it is working again.

I did not do anything other than update BI and I have deleted the BI app and installed it againg.
HST

Post by HST »

Exactly. Ken seems to have fixed a bug. Glad that it is working again. Living on the edge, I guess ;)