BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

rustyhill

BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

Post by rustyhill »

Hi

I need help! I have 4 cameras which work fine and trigger on motion. 2 of these I'd like to trigger if either one 'sees' motion, and I *think* it should be possible but I can't figure out how to do it. The cameras cover a wide area and are often tripped by motion at one edge or the other. It would be good to record from both to see the full scene of what is going on.

I've tried putting both cameras into a group and setting the group to record if a member is triggered but still only the camera which 'sees' motion is triggered. What am I doing wrong?

All suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks!
TimG

Re: BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

Post by TimG »

I've not tried to do this, but could it be as simple as going to the camera menu/Trigger and ticking "Sync with camera" then choosing the other camera ? I guess you would have to do it to both cameras.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
bbdude

Post by bbdude »

I have 4 external cameras -- 2 on the front corners of the house and 2 on the back corners of the house. The 2 cameras in the front are in the 'Front' group. The 2 cameras in the back are in the 'Back' group. You add a camera to a group in the Camera Settings -> General menu. Then check the Camera Settings -> Trigger Camera Groups box and select the appropriate group. So now if either camera in the Front triggers, the Front Group (ie both Front cameras) is triggered. The Back 2 cameras are setup similarly.
rustyhill

Post by rustyhill »

Thanks for both those - seems obvious but wasn't to me. I'll try it and revert with what happens.
rustyhill

Post by rustyhill »

Hmm.. OK, I've cheeked and that's what I had tried but only one of the 2 'front' cameras triggers when it detects motion. Both work fine but they don't seem to both trigger when either one detects motions/trigger. As an aside, where is the the menu option to 'delete or edit' groups? I can see how to add but not remove.

I'm using BI 5.4.3.8 x64 build .

Thanks again.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you tried the Trigger group?

- Define a group for the camers.
- Define in the cameras settings Trigger tab, Trigger group', then specify the group.
bbdude

Post by bbdude »

Just to be sure, did you check the Camera Settings -> Trigger Camera Groups box and select the appropriate group for both cameras? , ie you need to go into each camera's settings and check that box. Also, have you verified that each camera is triggering properly individually?
rustyhill

Post by rustyhill »

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems perhaps to sometimes work but not reliably. ;{

So that is the BI main menu and I don't think there is anything related to 'Groups' here..

and this is one of the camera menus...

So I have defined 3 trigger groups (one in error and I can't see how to delete it!!) And under 'Trigger camera groups' I've added both 'Front' cameras. And as I say, sometimes both do trigger at the same time but not always.

I think the 'Sync with camera' option near the top is just about Profiles which I don't think is relevant here.

I'll test a bit more and see what happens - once again, thanks.
jwgizmo

Post by jwgizmo »

rustyhill wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am Hi

I need help! I have 4 cameras which work fine and trigger on motion. 2 of these I'd like to trigger if either one 'sees' motion, and I *think* it should be possible but I can't figure out how to do it. The cameras cover a wide area and are often tripped by motion at one edge or the other. It would be good to record from both to see the full scene of what is going on.

I've tried putting both cameras into a group and setting the group to record if a member is triggered but still only the camera which 'sees' motion is triggered. What am I doing wrong?

All suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks!
Try this:
Open one of the cameras you want. Go to the Trigger tab. Next to Profile tick the box "Sync with camera" there should be a dialog box with a list of all the other cameras... Select one. Now, whatever camera you selected should get triggered with this current camera.
AMD R5, 16 GB, Win10, BI, 10 cams 3 Amcrest Turret 4K, 2 Annke CZ500 25X 4MP, 1 Annke C800 4K, 2 Amcrest indoor PTZ 1080P, 1 Dahua PTZ 1080P, 1 Amcrest 1080P Doorbell. 2 -1TB M.2 SSD, 1- 2TB HD|< 25 % load |1 27" 1080P, 1 28" 4K | Daily PC
TimG

Post by TimG »

I suggested that above. Do you know if it actually works ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.