How to switch to a preset on a schedule

General discussion about Blue Iris
stevenr

How to switch to a preset on a schedule

Post by stevenr »

How would I set a camera to move to a preset at a specified time of day and then back again to another preset at a scheduled time?
MikeBwca

Re: How to switch to a preset on a schedule

Post by MikeBwca »

In the cameras settings/Schedule tab...

1. Click the 'Event schedule' button.

2. Click the '+' add button, then specify the time and function.

3. Click the 'relative to sunrise/sunset box, and the time will adjust itself each day.
If you use this option, you must first enter your longitude/latitude in the BI settings/Schedule tab.
Click the position pointer to open a web browser. Your lon/lat will be in the url.
stevenr

Post by stevenr »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info. I saw that option but it doesn't give the ability to set time by day of the week which is what I want.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Ahh. That can be done in the 'cameras Schedules tab. Again, with the 'relative to sunrise/s
stevenr

Post by stevenr »

Yes I know the camera schedule can provide the days and time but I don't see how to make the schedule tell it to go to a preset.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I haven't done this, but, this is the way i think it would work...

- Set a schedule(s) for the day you want the special ptz(s).
- Set the 'Event schedule' to change to that ptz for the profile you've set in the schedule.
jwgizmo

Post by jwgizmo »

Go to the cam you want...
Click Camera Settings > Schedule > Events Schedule (bottom right) click enable, Now the plus symbol at the bottom. Set the time. Now hit the function dropdown and select whatever option you want. You are looking for Presets... There it is :D
AMD R5, 16 GB, Win10, BI, 10 cams 3 Amcrest Turret 4K, 2 Annke CZ500 25X 4MP, 1 Annke C800 4K, 2 Amcrest indoor PTZ 1080P, 1 Dahua PTZ 1080P, 1 Amcrest 1080P Doorbell. 2 -1TB M.2 SSD, 1- 2TB HD|< 25 % load |1 27" 1080P, 1 28" 4K | Daily PC