DeepStack

MikeBwca

Re: DeepStack

Post by MikeBwca »

Thanks to all that have replied.

Tried all the suggestions, everything I could think of, and even shutdown my firewall. Nothing.
The server must not be starting. But, i have no idea since there is no 'TEST' feature.

It's can't be that complicated!

I was running DS as a stand alone Windows program. Maybe that was the problem?
Does it need to be in a container, or, run in a Unix VM?

I disabled DS in BI, deleted the DS camera clone, and, uninstalled DS. It just doesn't work!
I'll try again after a few weeks/months... maybe... if I get definitive documentation on how to implement this. it seems to be different for a lot of people. Too much wasted time on this.
terk

Post by terk »

MikeBwca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:54 pm I appreciate all the help and suggestions. This is making more sense as time goes on.

The "netstat -a|findstr :82" is awsome. Thanks for that.

Adding the 'n' options speeds things up a lot... "netstat -an|findstr :82"

Also, the Nirsoft 'CurrPorts' utility is incredible. It lists ports with the application , path.
I use the following filers...
include:local:both:80-90
include:local:both:8100-8200
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
I'll have to check out CurrPorts. You can find out which app is using a port with the built-in tools but not as easily:
netstat -aon |find /i "82”
It’ll look something like
TCP 0.0.0.0:82 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 14320

14320 is the PID (Process ID) of the app using that port and you use that to identify the app:

tasklist |findstr "14320"
server.exe 14320 RDP-Tcp#23 3 17,980 K

Sorry, we couldn't get it working for you.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I think it's working. I'm my own worst enemy!
I'll need to wait for morning to confirm, as there is little traffic at 2:30am.

Decided to try again from scratch.

Downloaded the 'Cpu version for Windows' of DS from the link in the BI Help file on page 66...
Turns out the DS installation I installed was 1.05Gb. This version was 562Mb, and was named 'DeepStack-Installer-CPU-2021.02.1.exe'. So yes, I installed the wrong version.

After install of DS I did nothing with it.

In BI settings AI tab, I enabled DS with the same options as in the manual.

When I clicked 'Start now' the DeepStack processes immediately showed up - I use Prossess Lasso...
DS Process Lasso.png
DS Process Lasso.png (39.4 KiB) Viewed 5388 times
Interesting that there are 5 'python.exe' processes. Probably one for each type of detection.
Also, one of the 'Pyton.exe' processes was using 45% cpu intermittently. So, I set the cpu affinity of those processes to 1 processor.

Setup a clone of a camera. But, there is so little activity at 2:30am, I'll need to wait for tomorrow morning/afternoon to see what the results will be.
terk

Post by terk »

Glad to hear you made progress.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think it's working. I'm my own worst enemy!
LOL ! We've all been there :D

My installation of DeepStack was on my main server which is a Ryzen 1800X with plenty of memory. When I tried DS last time, it de-stabilised it and stopped other programs from working, and also prevented me logging in to the server with Splashtop - black screen. Simply un-installing DS, and using Win10 restore points didn't bring back stability. The failing programs were:

DeConz - looks after Zigbee devices for Homeseer. DeConz kept crashing. Not normal.
VirtualHere - allows use of a remote UsbUirt device over the home LAN, giving Homeseer the opportunity to turn the lounge lights on and off (etc) when I use an IR remote control. VH couldn't find the client running on an old RasPi.

I ended up using an Acronis back up from the week before to get it stable again and Splashtop is working well. I am adding things one at a time, taking a back up, and checking DeConz and VH after a reboot. I'm now at the pre-DS stage so will soon find out if it was DS that did the damage. If it was, I can quickly restore it to the previous stable position :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Here we go again :shock:

I've set it up with a different port, and so far all is well. Just need some triggers now.

Since I have two BI5 licences, I have my normal BI5 running on the Intel server, and this BI5 with Deepstack on my main Ryzen server. I have made some changes to the test version:

1. Mainly Dahua cameras, so using Dahua inbuilt motion detection to send Onvif commands to BI5.
2. No sub streams required, as BI5 isn't doing motion detection.
3. Higher resolution stream will load DeepStack more, but will give it a better image to work on.
4. I think I read DS needs a BI5 zone setting up, so configured zone only and de-sensitised BI motion detection.

Now to find the popcorn 8-)
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The triggered Alert images are marked as Onvif, but nothing from DS. I'm wondering if this only works with motion that has been detected by BI5. Zoiks :lol:
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

With that in mind, I cloned the test camera, and changed the settings from Onvif to BI5 doing the motion detection. One camera is named Onvif, this clone is named BI motion. Saved it, and..

The Splashtop screen went black :roll:
Forum Moderator.
terk

Post by terk »

I was wondering how you were going to get it to run the image through DeepStack when you said you weren't using BI for the motion detection.
3p1phany

Post by 3p1phany »

TimG wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:01 pm The triggered Alert images are marked as Onvif, but nothing from DS. I'm wondering if this only works with motion that has been detected by BI5. Zoiks :lol:
When I was doing this on a cloned camera BI motion worked but the Onvif trigger was not being picked up, it was only working on the main for some reason.
Once I disabled the clone and just used the main camera with DS it worked for both Onvif and BI motion at the same time.