Need ideas for custom schedule for profiles on 1 camera

twehrle

Need ideas for custom schedule for profiles on 1 camera

Post by twehrle »

Hi all...I am trying to figure out how to implement a custom schedule for a particular profile to be set on a single camera. Can't find (or think of) a way to do it, so reaching out to the forums for ideas.

Let me give you some background...

- I have 16 cameras across the entire property.
- I do not enable/use global schedules, as in Blue Iris Settings...Schedule...Enable is unchecked.
- I do not have any cameras enabled to override global schedule, as in Camera#...Camera settings...Schedule...Override global schedule is unchecked.
- All of my cameras are configured to record based on Triggered, as in Camera#...Camera settings...Record...Profile*...Video...When triggered.
- All of my cameras are configured to motion detect based on the profile, as in Camera#...Camera settings...Trigger...Profile*...Motion sensor. So certain profiles have motion sensor checked and others have it unchecked.
- I have BlueIris integrated with an external system to change profiles based on presence scenarios.

I have a need on one specific camera where on a certain day of the week and certain hours of the day, I want that camera to be in a different profile than the global profile set. When outside that day and hours range, it goes back to the global profile. I tried using that cameras settings for override global schedule with "Use global schedule when this schedule shows clear/inactive" also checked. Filled that schedule with 0-Inactive for all, then set the specific profile for the day and hours I wanted. The specific profile I set had motion detection active. The current day/time was in the range I had set for that profile to be scheduled. When I Ok'ed this cameras settings dialog, I expected that camera to show it was in a different profile than the global profile in the left header and have motion detection activated based on the different profile...but it did not. Instead the left header showed the same profile number as the global profile and since the global profile did have have motion detection selected that was not active.

Any thoughts how I might achieve my single camera customization?

Thank You
Troy
twehrle

Re: Need ideas for custom schedule for profiles on 1 camera

Post by twehrle »

NM...Figured out what I was missing to make this work. On the cameras override global schedule, I needed to check "Also ignore manual global profile overrides". Its working as expected now.