Only Records for 30 Sec and then Stops

Somebody

Only Records for 30 Sec and then Stops

Post by Somebody »

Only using BI for a couple of months. I have/want just a very basic setup with 2 cameras. I want it to simply record continuously and be able to just leave it alone.

I have version 5.3.7.12 x64. Both cameras connected through ethernet. It has it's own dedicated PC with CPU at around 30%. Only 451Mb of the 8Gb Ram is being used. Records to C: Drive with a size of 500Gb (452 actual).

It use to just record continuous but has recently stopped. It will now only record for 30 seconds on both cameras. No more. I deleted all of the recordings so I have 399Gb of free space but nothing changed.

Record Settings which have not been changed:
Camera Record Settings 21 03 18.png
Camera Record Settings 21 03 18.png (133.53 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
atreyu

Re: Only Records for 30 Sec and then Stops

Post by atreyu »

Somebody wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:48 pmOnly 451Mb of the 8Gb Ram is being used.
You must have disabled a lot of services or something. I don’t think I’ve seen a Windows computer use that little of ram since Win98.

Have you checked the minimum space settings for your record folder?
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

Somebody wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:48 pm I have 399Gb of free space but nothing changed.
In BI Settings - Cameras, uncheck "Limit manual recording time to" 30 sec.

I'd create a separate 200GB partition for recordings on the same drive. No need to mess with your system partition.
TimG

Post by TimG »

In BI Settings - Cameras, uncheck "Limit manual recording time to" 30 sec.
It is ticked on mine, and mine records 24/7. That setting should only affect manually triggered recordings.
I'd create a separate 200GB partition for recordings on the same drive. No need to mess with your system partition.
Probably a good idea for a single hard drive system, as it could protect Windows from an over full BI recordings folder, and protect recordings from a full Windows drive :?

Note that there is no point having New and Stored folders if you only have a single partition on a single drive.

The OP's issue does look like an incorrect setting. The problem and the power with BI is that you can adjust everything. And we do...

Record settings look OK, but:

1. Untick "Pre-trigger video buffer". It is already set to zero, and you don't need it for 24/7 recording.
2. You don't have "Cut video when triggered with break time" ticked which could do the 30 second timing.
3. I do have "Record dual-streams if available" ticked, but I don't think that will affect your issue.

Do you have Intel acceleration in use ? If so, try turning it off to see if that changes anything.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Thank you for your help on this.

Was getting very frustrated and thought I'd restart the PC one...more...time.... For some reason after this, when I started BI, it asked for my registration ID again. Very strange. After entering it, all started working as before and it began recording 24/7. Been working fine since.

No idea what happened or why it needed my licensing info again while active and without warning.

I did go ahead and uncheck the 30 sec on Manual Recording so thank you for that.

CPU is now 38% and humming along perfectly. Strange hiccup.

Anyone know what might have happened so I can prevent it in the future? I was really hoping to just let it be, trusting that it is always recording without having to check up on it. Getting frustrated that I still have to meddle with it every now and then.
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

Somebody wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:58 pm Anyone know what might have happened
The BI package checks your license on their server each time you start it. May be a glitch occurred once, and BI "panished" you. They might also monitor new users of this forum for package licensing, asking not to use VPN which is unusual for a security software dev. ;)