In Person Help Needed

bluemoon40356

In Person Help Needed

Post by bluemoon40356 »

I had the blue Iris system installed several years ago. I really need assistance and someone reliable in the Lexington Kentucky area. Some of the cameras are not working. Any suggestions for contacts that know the system and can fix it would be appreciated!

You can email me at
Bluemoon40356@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Last edited by bluemoon40356 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeneryH

Re: In Person Help Needed

Post by HeneryH »

Why not just ask here? I along with others will work with you. You would just need to be patient and explain the problem from start to finish.

For instance, are you using the BI-4 version? What do you mean the cameras are not working? Can you get to the cameras directly through each camera's respective web page?
bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

I am not really a tech person and the cameras are mounted on a barn and it sounds like they have to be unmounted to get them fixed. I had an injury and have the use of only one arm and I am not capable of doing it. I think they keep losing some type of address. I’ll post a picture. There are four of them that need to be reprogrammed and I can’t figure out why they keep losing the programming. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

The cameras are mounted on a barn and I had an injury and I’m unable to climb a ladder and get them down they are probably 20 foot off the ground. They keep losing some kind of an address.Image

bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

HeneryH wrote:Why not just ask here? I along with others will work with you. You would just need to be patient and explain the problem from start to finish.

For instance, are you using the BI-4 version? What do you mean the cameras are not working? Can you get to the cameras directly through each camera's respective web page?
I really don’t understand the terminology as someone else install the entire system and I just use the app on my phone. The cameras are mounted high on a barn and I had an injury and only have the use of one arm so I’m unable to take them down or even climb up to get to them. They keep losing some type of address see the attached pictureImage

bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

HeneryH wrote:Why not just ask here? I along with others will work with you. You would just need to be patient and explain the problem from start to finish.

I really don’t understand the terminology as someone else install the entire system and I just use the app on my phone or computer. Image
The cameras are mounted high on a barn and I had an injury and only have the use of one arm so I’m unable to take them down or even climb up to get to them. They keep losing some type of address see the attached pictureImage

bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

I don’t know anything about the system other than how to pull it up on my computer and my phone and look at the videos. I didn’t install it and I’m not a technology person. I have an injury and have the use of only one arm. The cameras are mounted on a barn about 20 feet in the air and I am unable to climb up much less climb up and take them down. I’m really looking for a service person in my area that can get my cameras back online.Image

terk

Post by terk »

They most likely got setup via DHCP rather than static so the IP addresses change occasionally. You'd need to scan your network to try to identify the IP address of the cameras now then see if they have a web server on them were you can set static IPs, if not then you can setup DHCP reservations on your router with the current IPs so they won't change anymore then just change the IP in the video settings tab of the camera properties in BI. You shouldn't need to get on a ladder for that.
bluemoon40356

Post by bluemoon40356 »

There are 13 cameras how do I identify which is which when doing this. Some of them are working and some of them or not. I just think this is really over my head. Are there any service people in the Lexington Kentucky area?

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

bluemoon40356 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 am I am not really a tech person and the cameras are mounted on a barn and it sounds like they have to be unmounted to get them fixed.
Most of us here are more than happy to help and we are more than experienced enough to walk newcomers to IT and BI through the process.

We'll get you there. No stress. Just reply if you don't understand a term.

To get started, you need to separate out some topics...

In order to even get started you need to be able to log into each camera separately to its respective config web page.

I would tackle this in one of a few ways. One is to log into your home router and browse through the list of connected devices to your home network. You should see them in your device list. There are some cases where they won't show up but we can tackle those cases.