How to install down-rev version?

RoadHazard

How to install down-rev version?

Post by RoadHazard »

My computer crashed and I need to reinstall BI5. Trouble is, my support license has expired, so I can't simply download and install the current version; I need to install an older version from before my support cutoff date. I can find all the updates online, but they're just that: updates, not a full install.

Where do I find a full install of BI5 that's not the current version? Specifically, I'm looking for something earlier than 5.0.7.7 from January 2020. I can apply the updates from there to get myself to v5.0.7.7.

Thanks!
MikeBwca

Re: How to install down-rev version?

Post by MikeBwca »

It would be illegal to distribute software - even on this forum.

I would suggest contacting BI Support.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

What version is this install?

https://blueirissoftware.com/#download

Disregard, without actually installing it - it appears to be the current version. I'm surprised thats recompiled and posted with every update. In any event, why not just renew your support for $30? 5.0.x was a pretty long time ago.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

Matts1984 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:23 pm What version is this install?

Disregard, without actually installing it - it appears to be the current version. I'm surprised thats recompiled and posted with every update. In any event, why not just renew your support for $30? 5.0.x was a pretty long time ago.
Why pay for a support if you dont get any?
I just bought BI, as many people I'm having problems with no signal or low res only (you can check on the forum), I contacted the support 5 days ago, no reply at all.
RoadHazard

Post by RoadHazard »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 am It would be illegal to distribute software - even on this forum.

Uh, thanks, but I wasn't suggesting pirating any software. (Never mind that I've already paid for it.) I was hoping someone helpful might point me to a link where earlier revisions are available. For example, the IPCamTalk forum maintains a comprehensive list of the minor updates, with download links. It's very useful.
RoadHazard

Post by RoadHazard »

Yup, the primary download link is always for the current version. Great for new customers. Not great for those looking to reinstall the version they bought.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

RoadHazard wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:20 pm
MikeBwca wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 am It would be illegal to distribute software - even on this forum.

Uh, thanks, but I wasn't suggesting pirating any software. (Never mind that I've already paid for it.) I was hoping someone helpful might point me to a link where earlier revisions are available. For example, the IPCamTalk forum maintains a comprehensive list of the minor updates, with download links. It's very useful.
Sry. I wasn't implying piracy.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

nandobarreto wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:38 pm

I just bought BI, as many people I'm having problems with no signal or low res only (you can check on the forum), I contacted the support 5 days ago, no reply at all.
Yes, the current full version download on the BI web page will be the latest version (usually).

That's strange. I've gotten quick responses from support from questions to bugs. Usually 1 or 2 days. Sometime within hours.
But, without support, your requests go to the bottom of the list. Depending how many requests BI support gets depends how soon (if at all) they get to them.

A request for an earlier version of BI is problematic for them, as it's an older version that no longer has support. Maybe they will send it to you!
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm
nandobarreto wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Yes, the current full version download on the BI web page will be the latest version (usually).

That's strange. I've gotten quick responses from support from questions to bugs. Usually 1 or 2 days. Sometime within hours.
But, without support, your requests go to the bottom of the list. Depending how many requests BI support gets depends how soon (if at all) they get to them.

A request for an earlier version of BI is problematic for them, as it's an older version that no longer has support. Maybe they will send it to you!
I understand this, i just bought BI, it seems to be the best option on the market, send 2 support messages, no reply, so, current version and 0 support.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

IC.

But, I'm still confused...
You stated you just bought BI, yet your support license has expired! Then you want a version prior to 5.0.7.7, which was published 01-02-2020 (10.32pm). You should still have support! When exactly did you purchase BI?