Ok.. Help me explain this to my wife...

General discussion about Blue Iris
mtsoule

Re: Ok.. Help me explain this to my wife...

Post by mtsoule »

ok.. am i thinking about his right? i have the main stream, and i see the URL when i click the Find/Inspect and it auto poplulates in the Main stream profile... but it seems i dont have the SubStream.. do i need to Copy/Paste the URL in to the Sub text box?
Attachments
Cam_Settings.jpg
Cam_Settings.jpg (218.6 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

For mine I have had to populate the substream myself. If that output from Find/Inspect is right... wow that was easy for you :) Mine have been a guessing game.

After you enter it you should be able to see pretty quickly in the Status tab if it's working (numbers will populate).
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
mtsoule

Post by mtsoule »

Looks like that was it!! Now, have to get my other ones, and find the best settings.. Thanks for all your help!!!!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (178.8 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

Direct to disk on an evaluation copy won’t give full benefit as BI needs to add the evaluation text overlay (unnecessarily IMHO).

Just to point out to others that come along, not all cameras are dual stream offering both an HD and SD stream.

Triggered recordings *could* use more CPU than continuous if you can use D2D recording. Especially on high rez cameras without sub streams with high FPS. The motion analysis is what could eat your CPU. I would say the typical use of triggered recordings is for event notifications (even if you’re continuously recording) and saving disk space (by not continuously recording the HD stream). Many with dual stream cameras will trigger record HD and continuous record the SD streams as a sort of backup if an event didn’t trigger HD. Unfortunately, to get that behavior you need to configure the camera twice, once for each stream.

I like that last approach as it lets me set a high bar for the triggering to the point of possibly missing events recorded in HD. It minimizes the number of events/clips to review to those that are likely meaningful. It beats looking at a bunch of clips of false triggers. And the SD is still pretty good if ever needed.