Reolink RLC-820a artefacts

Geedsen

Reolink RLC-820a artefacts

Post by Geedsen »

At first the camera did not work with camera, but reolink supplied me with a new firmware and then it started working. However there are a lot of artefacts in the camview in Blue Iris, that are not visible with the Reolink client software. Is this a Blue Iris or a Reolink problem?
Here an example of a recording: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlZYnjFdWN7TqpNj0M7 ... g?e=TTSoHv

Thanks

Ben
PyroFlick

Re: Reolink RLC-820a artefacts

Post by PyroFlick »

I just received some Reolink RLC-820A's as well. Running BI 5.3.7.5 and I too cannot get these cameras to connect. But they work fine in a web browser or in the Reolink Client on the same PC. These cams are pretty new. Maybe some bugs to workout still. As a software developer myself, reading between the lines, I'll bet Reolink sent you an experimental build that fixed your connection issue but broke something else (caused the artifacts).

Sigh. I guess I need to chat with Reolink as well and try to get the firmware.
Last edited by PyroFlick on Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geedsen

Post by Geedsen »

Reolink thinks it is a Blue Iris problem, they asked me to 'play' with different decoding settings. So far no luck. There support is amazing still, they really try and answer any question quick. They have provided me with three different firmware's so far. But still the artefacts are there.
I don't think it is a Blue Iris problem, because I see the same thing when opening the stream in VLC. Can you try that as well?
Geedsen

Post by Geedsen »

I do believe now that it is a Blue Iris problem. Have been running VLC and BI together for some time, they both use the same stream, but only BI shows the artefacts.
Here a screenshot, showing BI with VLC in the background, the time is off in the two, but VLC never showed the artefacts that BI is showing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlZYnjFdWN7TqplP5Me ... A?e=8EaTTQ
Last edited by Geedsen on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.