No Signal

Martijn

No Signal

Post by Martijn »

Hi,

I have a strange issue with all my Reolink cameras.

Within BI I have 2 cameras, receiving signals from the same physical camera, one with HD settings (2560x1440) and one with SD settings (640x352). With this setup I follow the setup The Hook Up and use the SD feed to detect motion and then capture an image from the HD feed to identify the motion.

Now and then, the HD feed on a camera, happens to all cameras, but not at the same time, mentions "No signal" in BI. The SD one keeps working fine.

Some cameras are connected to a UTP cable and some use Wi-Fi. But they all basically display the same behavior.

In the Reolink app, all camera's work just on Fluid and Balanced, but the 4MP doesn't seem to load. After I reboot the camera from the Reolink app, all feeds display normally.

I do think this is a Reolink issue and not a BI issue, but maybe you experts ( ;-) ) have an idea where to look for a solution.

Regards,

Martijn
shiggins9

Re: No Signal

Post by shiggins9 »

Does your CPU spike really high? I'm also battling dissapearing Reolink cameras. I made another thread about it.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

shiggins9 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:01 am Does your CPU spike really high? I'm also battling dissapearing Reolink cameras. I made another thread about it.
No, not really. Not when running normally. Uses about 2/3%. BI is running on a Intel i7 7700K @ 4,2Ghz.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Martijn wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 pm No, not really. Not when running normally. Uses about 2/3%. BI is running on a Intel i7 7700K @ 4,2Ghz.
Wow, that's really low. I'm running the same CPU as you and mine usually runs around ~18% to 20% when idle. I have 9 cams running with 3 (4?) recording continuously. It pops up to 25% from time to time but I don't see large spikes.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Thixotropic wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:07 pm
Martijn wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 pm No, not really. Not when running normally. Uses about 2/3%. BI is running on a Intel i7 7700K @ 4,2Ghz.
Wow, that's really low. I'm running the same CPU as you and mine usually runs around ~18% to 20% when idle. I have 9 cams running with 3 (4?) recording continuously. It pops up to 25% from time to time but I don't see large spikes.
I have 4 camera's, only recording SD feeds on one when at home and 3 when not home. HD feeds are only recorded when movement is detected on SD feed. But even that doesn't stress the CPU.

I do think that it is not (solely) an BI issue. As the Reolink app also can't open the HD feed when BI reports "No Signal".
Saddleback

Post by Saddleback »

Can you log in to another computer with blue iris and use the other blue Iris on existing machine 9 2 license and 2 computers for 2 different site with cameras
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Saddleback wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 pm Can you log in to another computer with blue iris and use the other blue Iris on existing machine 9 2 license and 2 computers for 2 different site with cameras
I don't understand what you are asking me to do.

All camera's and the only BI instance I have, run at the same physical location and are connected to the same physical network, some camera's through wifi.
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

Martijn wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 pmI follow the setup The Hook Up
I followed Rob's guide as well. While I didn't experience your described problems with Reolink cameras as well, Rob's mysterious "limit decoding unless required" causes BI to only analyze and display key frames in most scenarios. My Reolink cameras have a key fps of 0.25 SD and 0.5 HD. Uncheck it for each camera->video and you should see a more "normal" CPU usage. Likely right now you're only analyzing a frame every 2 seconds with 2 cameras. It may fix your odd behavior as well.

Both the slow updates in live view and laggy motion detection was driving me nuts until I figured this out. I use the camera's SD motion detection to also turn on lights in various parts of the house and it was too slow to be usable. Now it's great!

I also think I'm going to rejigger the triggering and recording from Rob's guide. I think I'll use the SD motion to always trigger HD recording as I seem to have the settings and zones keeping it to mostly interesting recordings. Then with Home Assistant and this fork of AI Tool https://kleypot.com/motion-event-notifi ... cessed-ai/, just notify me, or at least log for later review, certain observations (e.g. person detected on front porch over night, dog at back door for >5 min).
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

atreyu wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:34 pm
Martijn wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 pmI follow the setup The Hook Up
I followed Rob's guide as well. While I didn't experience your described problems with Reolink cameras as well, Rob's mysterious "limit decoding unless required" causes BI to only analyze and display key frames in most scenarios. My Reolink cameras have a key fps of 0.25 SD and 0.5 HD. Uncheck it for each camera->video and you should see a more "normal" CPU usage. Likely right now you're only analyzing a frame every 2 seconds with 2 cameras. It may fix your odd behavior as well.
I'll try that, but I don't have a CPU issue, just a regularly "no signal"
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

Martijn wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:48 pmI'll try that, but I don't have a CPU issue, just a regularly "no signal"
Yeah, it probably isn't your problem, but your 2-3% CPU usage suggested to me you weren't analyzing every frame (if you care). My i7-6700 went from 2-3% CPU usage to 20-50% at 15fps for four dual stream cameras. Just trying to save you some head banging on the wall if you were to ever notice it. It drove me nuts seeing live views updating every 4s and motion triggers completely missing people walking by. But fingers crossed it also helps your problem.

I have also updated the firmware of the cameras. Mine were updated to a release on 10/31.

When setting up the cameras, BI didn't detect my make/model of cameras. I manually selected ReoLink/*RLC-410/411/420/422/423 Baseline RTMP and I think manually changed the suggested RTMP URL's between 'main' and 'sub' as needed. This seems different than what ReoLink suggests on their site. I'd check that out and try different suggestions out there on the interwebs as well.