Amazon Echo

General discussion about Blue Iris
Nobber

Amazon Echo

Post by Nobber »

Hello, I have enabled individual cameras for Echo and clicked discover devices in Blue Iris settings but still no luck

Anyone got this working, if so please can you point me in the right direction, thanks
reddawg

Re: Amazon Echo

Post by reddawg »

Amazon Alexa integration with Blue Iris has been depreciated and no longer works. Blue Iris used the "discovery" model in Alexa to control cameras by emulating a Smart plug instead creating a Skill app. I believe Amazon has depreciated the "discovery" model used by Blue Iris. I don't understand why the developer has not removed Alexa integration with Blue Iris since it does not work.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
BlueRIdge

Re: Amazon Echo

Post by BlueRIdge »

It would be great is BI had a skill that allowed camera viewing on an Echo Show. Monocle software is said to work with some cameras to allow Echo viewing, however I was unable to get it working after wasting a lot of time trying. I did manage to get the BI web interface to show up on the Echo, but it take too much effort to worth it.