Playback quality poor

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Playback quality poor

Post by TimG »

I only have a home install with a few cameras, but this is not something that I have ever seen. Have you sent an email to support ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

- What keyframe are you using on these cameras?
- Is there a difference between daytime and nighttime?
- What does BI Status/Cameras tab say is the fps/key?
- What does BI Status/Cameras tab say is the totals (at the bottom)? Maybe a screen capture would be better.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

When you say 'BI5 is set to allow 30 fps', do you mean the 'Limit Live Preview Rate'? If you do, lowering this to 15 fps will result is a lot less cpu usage when the console is open. It will not reduce the fps of the recording/clips, and 15 fps is still good for viewing via the console. When viewing the recordings, they will be viewed at the same fps as they were recorded.

When you view the recordings, are you viewing via the console, ot UI3?

With the commercial use, I'm not going to suggest a 'try this' approach. What type of support do you have for BlueIris? I would suggest the enhanced support. Then send a ticket to BI support, and allow them to log into your BI system.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

From the Camera status total, and, the camera settings general tab... I'd say your network is being maxed out and the camera resolution is degrading as a result.

You said the cameras are set to Max of 30fps, but BI says it's 16.85fps with a keyframe of .86.

Can you post a screen capture of the complete Status/Camera page? How many cameras are at 30fps?