BI5 stopped sending alarts 2M-842 IP cameras

LyndMc

BI5 stopped sending alarts 2M-842 IP cameras

Post by LyndMc »

I've been getting alerts from BI4 and now 5 for years. Recently I had an issue with remote access and it was suggested that I back up and uninstall BI5 and reinstall it...which I did. The cameras came right back after importing the backups. At first I thought nice, I'm not getting as many nuisance alarms only to realize that I've got events, just no notifications!

If I do a test email from the "On Notification" screen, I receive it instantly. If I walk out in front of a monitored camera, it creates an event and I can review it in BI5, but I never got a notification. If I go to each individual camera and trigger it manually, I get a stored clip, but yet again, no alert.

When I uninstalled and reinstalled I had to link my iPhone to my server to download BI5. Comcast blocks www.blueirissoftware.com, I can't hit it from my server or iPhone unless I jump off of the Comcast/Xfinity network or download it at work. I got the BI5 exe file via hotspot through my iPhone which literally took 45 minutes! I'm wondering if that slow/crappy connection didn't go as well as it should have. I plan to uninstall BI5 tonight and reinstall using an exe file that was downloaded cleanly at work. I had also downloaded UI3 and it didn't work either leading me to further believe it could be a bad download. Hard to tell by that though, I've never had UI3 working in the past, I've been using Amcrest Pro for remote viewing.

Any suggestions? I think I've checked all of the obvious possibilities. It is enabled, it does a test email, it records a clip automatically or manually, it just won't initiate an alert all of the time. I'd say one of 3 cameras will send an alert once in a great while when it used to trigger every time.
LyndMc

Re: BI5 stopped sending alarts 2M-842 IP cameras

Post by LyndMc »

UPDATE..... I uninstalled BI5 multiple times, no change. I uninstalled again and then found and deleted all registries related to Blue Iris and Perspective software. If you don't delete the registries, all of the related info isn't gone. When I reloaded BI5 prior to deleting the registries, my cameras instantly popped up again proving that there was a remnant of BI still there. After deleting the registries a reloading the software, it asked for my license number again, as it should, and I had to start over and reload the cameras and set up my zones again.

Once I did all of this, my alarming now works, my remote connection now works, everything seems to be good now!