Yucheng PTZ, No Focus or Iris Control

UncleAndrew

Yucheng PTZ, No Focus or Iris Control

Post by UncleAndrew »

Hey All, forum n00b here, fairly conversant with Blue Iris.

I have a Yucheng P03Z95W4T20, 5MP wireless PTZ with Web-accessible controls, including focus and iris. Running Blue Iris 5.3.2.11 x64, on a LAN with 7 cameras (currently).

All of the controls work smoothly via the cam's built-in Web interface, or via EasyVMS (provided with the cam). But I can't for the life of me get the Focus or Iris controls to work over Blue Iris: not from the Admin controls on the BI server, not in the mobile app for Android, not via the BI UI3 Web interface. Pan/Tilt/Zoom work just fine.

Video is set to GENERIC/ONVIF, model *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. PTZ Controls are set to ONVIF (OXML). On the camera itself, I've set the PTZ protocol to Pelco_D, though as I understand it that shouldn't make a difference.

Config screen caps:
camera-settings.jpg
camera-settings.jpg (182.79 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
I've tried changing the camera make/model and PTZ controls settings around to many of the various cameras that all have different badges but are basically identical; no luck. Most of them captured video, some allowed for Pan/Tilt, maybe one or two allowed for Zoom, none could do Focus or Iris.

I ran Wireshark captures on both my BI server and my workstation web client, and the results were confusing...to me, at least. :^)

Focus command
wireshark.jpg
wireshark.jpg (108.78 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
BI is trying to use ONVIF controls, I think, while the Web client uses some sort of HTML CGI PUT requests...I think.

I haven't been able to find much about the language being used by the Web client online, though the term "P6S protocol" pops up enough that I assume it's some sort of proprietary schema for camera control. Dunno, though.

I've tried emailing Yucheng at the address in the Contact section of their site several times, no answer. I'm hoping someone here can help me get this camera fully working under Blue Iris. I would also really appreciate any other tips or data you may have collected for getting the most out of these things, as I've got another one in a box waiting to be installed. :^)

Thanks for reading,
Uncle Andrew
TimG

Re: Yucheng PTZ, No Focus or Iris Control

Post by TimG »

I can't help much here, but I did wonder why you had been told to use Pelco_D at the camera end, which as far as I know is an old RS-485 protocol for PTZ control. Do you have RS-485 control wires connected ? Or can you tell us what other options the camera has for control ?

It may be worth sending a message to support with your licence details, to see if they can assist you.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
UncleAndrew

Post by UncleAndrew »

Hey Tim, thanks very much for responding. Sorry for the delay; I've been away from my computer for a while.

I believe that the section of the camera backend that offers the "Pelco_D" option is not connected in any way to the network-enabled control of the camera. I believe that it is only used when connecting an actual external PTZ controller to the camera. Here's a shot of the interface:
ptz-settings.jpg
ptz-settings.jpg (93.8 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
I may have to drop Support a line, now that I've re-upped my support contract. :^)

Uncle Andrew
invalidmemory

Post by invalidmemory »

Did you ever get the PTZ working on your yucheng camera? I am unable to sort it out and would really appreciate some help if you got it working. Thank you!