Mobile Client Upgrade

Chicken

Mobile Client Upgrade

Post by Chicken »

I thought I remember when BI 5 was released there was talk about a new mobile client would be released shortly after it. Its now been ~13 months since BI5 has been out and I have not seen anything about the new client. Did I miss it or just have there been no updates? Thanks!
Chicken

Re: Mobile Client Upgrade

Post by Chicken »

I was hoping I had missed some sort of communication about it. As for missing it I am assuming it will be a new app we will have to buy outside of our license like we did with the previous mobile app.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I'd hope any app update would be just that, a mobile app update from the App/Play stores. It would cause some unhappy posts to provide a new app that was totally separate and required purchasing again (or worse yet, an annual subscription)
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I was a little bummed (as an Android user) however reading the Update notes is proving a little encouraging....

5.3.2 - August 24, 2020
Changes and preparations are underway for the new major iOS app release.
Status/Storage has been revised to more closely align with what you will see in UI3 and in
the new client phone apps.

At the end it said "new client phone apps".... it's plural!
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
terk

Post by terk »

The updated iOS app just looks a little different although pretty similar. However it will nag until you update the Server side to the newest version every time it is reopened.
5622BC22-39D2-4D46-BCFB-C533C5BC9D12.png
5622BC22-39D2-4D46-BCFB-C533C5BC9D12.png (215.97 KiB) Viewed 7630 times
T1000

Post by T1000 »

Hi
The playback in reverse have stopped working for me in the new IOS app. When I set the playback speed to something negative (-1 for example) It just hangs as if I had pressed pause.
Is anyone else seeing this issue? It works fine on the computer though.
zackcline

Post by zackcline »

I've noticed on the new ios app, the All Alerts and Flagged Items look identical to me. As someone who uses flagged for specific triggers, this is a step backwards.
logeox

Post by logeox »

Im struggling with the new update.guess it will take some getting used to. I have noticed a few problems.
When I get a notice about camera motion that has been Sentry identified, I click the notice and it takes me to a different camera than the one specified. I checked Sentry interface today and found many old named cameras. This may be the issue. There seems to be no way to delete old cameras in that interface, Ive contacted them about that.

Since we now have sentry identified alerts, I saw there is an option to choose what type of alerts you would like to see. So I chose Sentry Confirmed but it I still see all the alerts. Doesn't seem to hide them like it should.

I also noticed a small annoyance. On IOS you can usually double click a photo or video to zoom in. the old version of the app video was this way. Now when i do this it will zoom but if you double click that area of the screen on the right or left you get a 5 sec skip forward or reverse. Im sure to be similar to you tube fast forward and reverse options. It's a bit annoying and wish they had just included that on the screen with the other controls or at least a way to turn it off.

Overall its a great improvement to finally get Sentry identified alerts. I hope you guys keep improving the mobile app like you have the main BI5.
terk

Post by terk »

T1000 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:34 pm Hi
The playback in reverse have stopped working for me in the new IOS app. When I set the playback speed to something negative (-1 for example) It just hangs as if I had pressed pause.
Is anyone else seeing this issue? It works fine on the computer though.
I'm seeing the same behavior there was another iOS app update that I just applied a few minutes ago and it didn't help. I submitted feedback through the app about the issue.
adamk

Post by adamk »

[deleted - make sure you update Blue Iris on the server side when you use the new app, or the "mark all as viewed" feature will not work correctly]
Last edited by adamk on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.