SubStream Help

webb24

SubStream Help

Post by webb24 »

I have seven Invidtech PAR-P5TXIR28BN. They are 5mp running on a older i7 processor. Needless to say they max out the cpu constantly.

When viewing one of the cameras in a browser it shows a 2nd and 3rd stream that you can view so it seems the camera supports it. You have to hit some buttons in the flash applet to change the streams but that doesnt change the url in the browser.

In my camera config my main stream just has a / and thats it. I have no idea what to put in the sub steam params to make the sub steam work. I am using the onvif generic settings as I didnt see my model in the list under invidtech. I did make sure direct to disc recording was enabled and the other helpful hints in trying to reduce cpu cycles. Any help would be much appreciated! I am just getting started in learning about this.
broachoski

Re: SubStream Help

Post by broachoski »

I have some Chinese cams that default to /0 on the main stream box.. I entered /1 in the sub stream box and works well. Does not hurt to experiment. If it works the camera will be displayed within a few seconds of saving when you enter OK.... Then in the settings GENERAL tab it will show the main stream and sub stream rates on the right side of the picture.
webb24

Post by webb24 »

Is there a list posted somewhere of things to try in the sub parms box based on brand?
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

This post helped me quite a bit when I configured mine though unfortunately this does end up being a bit of guess and test.

https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/sub-stream-guide/

For what it's worth, initially the auto-discover feature in BI had my mainstream as just a / as you have but I ended up being able to change that to "/stream0" which still worked correctly. My substream is "/stream1". As noted, it's probably just going to take some testing. Document current setting (well I guess it's not hard to remember "/" :roll: ) and I think I'd start off trying exactly what broachoski said, or mine. While it's a guessing game, at least it usually ends up making some sense - vs this being like 20 random hexadecimal characters to define each string!
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
webb24

Post by webb24 »

Thank you so much everyone for the ideas. Turns out /profile2 or /profile3 works for my invidtech cams. Cpu usage is down to 30% so everything seems fine. Now just got to figure out lots of other bells and whistles!

Thanks again!