Dual monitors

Davewright

Dual monitors

Post by Davewright »

Hi guys, does BI support dual monitors. ?
matadoor1

Re: Dual monitors

Post by matadoor1 »

Davewright wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm Hi guys, does BI support dual monitors. ?
I'm running my systems with dual monitors. a 48" one mounted on the wall has my BI on it, and the main 24"er is below it so that I can run task manager, and the exported event monitor. Works fabulous.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think DaveWright needs to explain his requirements a bit more ;)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ArgylePhoto

Post by ArgylePhoto »

Question re dual monitors:

Newbie here. I have BI5 with dual monitors, want to have one monitor as operators console, other auto-cycling through cameras. Dual monitors are configured in Windows 10 as Extend. I'm guessing--from what I've seen here--that I would need to create a group with the cameras I want to cycle through, then open the group in a new desktop frame, slide it to the second monitor, then initiate auto-cycle? Am I close? I don't have a system here at home to try it on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Brian Argyle
argylephoto.com
500px.com/argylephoto
ArgylePhoto

Post by ArgylePhoto »

I tried opening a group as a desktop frame, sliding it across to the second monitor and having it Auto-Cycle. That works except that any (or all) cameras that are being Auto-Cycled do not appear anymore in the first monitor. The two monitors are separated by a 35 foot HDMI cable, and ideally I'd like to be able to select and look at cameras individually on the first monitor while the group is being cycled on the second. So far that doesn't seem to be possible. Anyone had any experience with using dual monitors in this fashion?
I can select one camera, have it display full-screen on the second monitor and use the first monitor to work with all other cameras. But I can't work with any cameras if they are all being auto-cycled on the second monitor. Thanks.
Brian Argyle
argylephoto.com
500px.com/argylephoto
TimG

Post by TimG »

I don't use two monitors or even groups, but am wondering what happens if you created two groups. Is that even possible ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ArgylePhoto

Post by ArgylePhoto »

Yes, I did try multiple groups. The result was that any cameras in the group that were being Auto-Cycled on the second monitor did not show in the group on the first monitor, even when that group contained all cameras and the group being Auto-Cycled was just a subset...
Brian Argyle
argylephoto.com
500px.com/argylephoto
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

Howdy folks, new to the forums but not BI.

Not a ton of detail in how you are trying to use the two monitors or which app but here's what I would do and what would work.

First you can create multiple groups and target those groups as camera views. The best way to do it would be to create a chrome user that would be dedicated to a BI view and open a dedicated Chrome web page (in that Chrome user profile) and use whatever BI user login you wish. This can run continuously.

If you want another window with a different camera group then setup a seperate Chrome user profile and a separate BI user and connect those to have that different view.

For Administrators you can toggle between camera groups in the BI Web view as well.

For overall management then you can open the full BI application or remote into your NVR machine to manage. I'd not recommend running the BI app directly to monitor camera streams as it consumes a lot of CPU resources compared to the web view.

Hopefully that all made sense :)