Motion detection pause on rain

Tdot

Motion detection pause on rain

Post by Tdot »

Any chance on getting a button added on the main screen that would pause motiin detection when it rains. I finally got the perfect settings, but I'm so tired of deleting a bunch of recordings/alerts, or hearing Alexa talk because the cameras are picking up rain. Or even better have a secondary motion detecting setting for rain, and when it rains just a click of a button switches the motion detecting algorithms to the secondary (less sensitive, or none)....even have a timer on it that will automatically put it back to the "standard settings" in case you forget to switch back after the rain.
dinth

Re: Motion detection pause on rain

Post by dinth »

Hey. This could be easily achieved through Home Assistant.
Just set up ha-blueiris integration which can switch profiles and a simple automation which switches BI profile when its raining according to Dark Sky or other sensor.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

If you're picking up rain, you may want to change the sensitivity on your trigger(s). You'll probably also get alerts for birds, bugs, blowing leaves, etc.

OTOH, having a reliable rain sensor could come in handy. What is the camera looking at or focused on? Is it inside or outside?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I haven't personally messed with it so I can't be of too much help but if you are looking for a manual switch, you could set up a different profile that you'd have to flip to with lower settings if/when it rains. That said, it would be pretty cool to have it configured to switch if a rain sensor was triggered. Good luck on that one though - I can't help with that :)

My sensitivity may be not turned up as high as you but I only get rain alerts if it's late at night, pouring cats and dogs, and blowing rain in front of my flood light. That and bright lightning can sometimes trigger but the late night strong/severe thunderstorm is rare enough that I'm not bothered to find a solution.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

Do you have any sort of Home Automation setup? I use Homeseer and it pauses motion detection and when my sprinklers run as the spraying hits the Palm trees sets of motion.

HS sends a JSON url to BI whenever my front zone is on to suppress the BI clips and alerts. A second one turns it back on automatically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk