Database "DB" folder too big

LOOPYLOOP

Re: Database "DB" folder too big

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

have you tried to repair/regenerate the database?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

JVH wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:29 pm Our system is setup with a small "NEW" SSD drive "C" 250gb and a huge "Stored" drive of 21tb.
The OS is on the C drive. we have allocated 90gb to NEW with an age limit of 8 hrs.
This has worked fine until last night when we got cannot write messages in the status.
Upon looking at the the BI5 folder I saw that the file clips.dat in the db folder had reached 76gb.
How big will this file get?
How do I control it and set limits so it doesn't eat up the C drive?
The 'New' folder will get as big as 90gb that you set for the 'New' folder. But... with a 250gb C: drive, there probably isn't that much free space. Windows will use additional storage for Restore Points, temp files, and, Windows updates - as well as space for User folders and data.

Do not put the BI database on the C: drive! Windows hits that drive enough - you don't want several continuous streams recording to the C: drive - it will effect Windows performance (even on a ssd drive?). Use a separate drive for the BI db.

Note: I have a 2tb ssd drive exclusively for my C: drive. I've turned off as many Windows logs as possible to reduce I/O to the drive. I've always done this for performance - even when I used hdd.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Upon looking at the the BI5 folder I saw that the file clips.dat in the db folder had reached 76gb.
How big will this file get?
76GB :shock: That doesn't sound right. My clips.dat is presently at 653MB which seems far too big, but yours needs help. Send an email to Support !

As said by others, I also keep the BI5 files away from C: drive. I have a 250GB SSD only for BI5 db and New folder, and a WD Purple for the Stored folder.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

mine was on 21gb until i run the repair/regenerate database, that is why i suggested that as an option. got to be worth a try.