This Forum

General discussion about Blue Iris
sparkzter

This Forum

Post by sparkzter »

Why is this forum so slow?..Most of the time there is only 1 or 2 people online, so its not exactly overloaded

Load times are completely inconsistent regardless of how many users online..for me from click to anything happening takes about 10 seconds...it sometimes throws a curve ball and loads in a couple of seconds...other times 15sec+
LOOPYLOOP

Re: This Forum

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

happens to everyone, there is even a thread about it.
i have started just leaving and coming back in 5 minutes or so.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Ah, glad it's not just me. It's annoying but whatever I guess. Makes me wonder where it's hosted though...... probably on someones BI server in their basement.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

PHPBB3 isn't that demanding....I'm guessing it's the SQL server that's the problem and its on a shared server and massively overloaded...as page loads once it gets going are not to bad.

It does make me want to spend more time on ipcamtalk tho!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

How dare ye speakuth that name... lol :mrgreen:
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Well technically with the slower server you can view the same amount of content here and spend more time... so no need to go to the other place we shall not mention.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:33 am How dare ye speakuth that name... lol :mrgreen:
ahh...there is bad feeling there? to be honest i used google a lot to help try and find the solutions to problems i face and a lot of hits seem to take me to the place that should not be named. i did find this was strange as with this being the 'home' of the software you would have thought this would be far more popular!?
Matts1984 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:31 pm Well technically with the slower server you can view the same amount of content here and spend more time... so no need to go to the other place we shall not mention.
so better value pro-rata here?....i see your logic!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

The other site was started a long time ago. It's a good site with lots of good information. Tread lightly. If you ruffle feathers, the admin has a way of bringing the hammer down on anyone he disagrees with, or, has an opinion other than his.
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:03 am The other site was started a long time ago. It's a good site with lots of good information. Tread lightly. If you ruffle feathers, the admin has a way of bringing the hammer down on anyone he disagrees with, or, has an opinion other than his.
The admin here or there? the admin here seems to be distinctly absent!
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Perhaps this will clarify things:

https://blueirissoftware.com/455-2/

15 Dec Blue Iris and third parties 0 Comments

"After recent and continued negative feedback, we need to emphasize that this website is the one and only official Blue Iris website. We are not affiliated with any other site which may offer to resell or support Blue Iris. To be quite specific, IPCamTalk is a fully third-party website which many customers have found abusive–it is recommended that you instead visit the official Blue Iris forum."
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS