Default Folder for Video

General discussion about Blue Iris
adjfire

Default Folder for Video

Post by adjfire »

I am new to this program. I just installed my first cam and the Blue Iris and by default it saves my continuous stream to the C: drive. Where in Blue Iris do I change the default folder for where it saves my videos? I found one location where it said I had to enter a bunch of characters like % and cam...<<-- Geek garbage! How about a simple c:\ or d:\ <--- If anyone could help that would be great! lol....
WeidnerJ

Re: Default Folder for Video

Post by WeidnerJ »

Top Left by the Blue Iris logo, to the right of that is the main menu button. Then settings / Info, then click on the clips and archives tab.

That is where you set up your primary recording area under the "new" tab, and if you want to move it to a different location after x amount of time, then stored tab.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (61.95 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
Thixotropic

Re: Default Folder for Video

Post by Thixotropic »

Welcome to the official Blue Iris forum.

See WeidnerJ's answer to your question above, but I also recommend taking a little time and reading through that section in the manual. It's a little confusing at first but it's explained pretty well. (The manual can be opened by clicking the question mark icon in the top bar.)

I'd also suggest taking a few minutes to just look through all the tabs and options in BI. You don't have to change anything, but knowing what's there is often half the battle. There are so many options that it can be a little daunting, but after you use it a bit it'll make more sense.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS