Main screen layout

jftaylorjr13

Main screen layout

Post by jftaylorjr13 »

Is there a way to change the main screen layout?
WmG

Re: Main screen layout

Post by WmG »

There all sorts of things that can be done, cameras can be dragged and resized, the clips window can be moved from one side to the other by double clicking at the top of it. Start in the help file under Introduction, User Interface to see if that doesn't get you what you're looking for.
jftaylorjr13

Post by jftaylorjr13 »

I know about resizing cameras in the "Large" window. I want to move the column of recorded clips to the far right so the Home screen layout is like version 4...
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Right-Click in the BI window and select 'Layout' You'll see '1-up', '2-up', and, '4-up'. And, "1:1 thru '1:9'.

The n-Up determines how many views in the main large cameras area. The 1:n is bit difficult to explain. Seelct the different choices to see what they do.

The cameras can be moved around to where you want them by dragging them to were you want.

Resizing the BI window will also resize the cameras. You just need to play with it a bit to get the right look.

Save the BI settings, so it will remember your settings.

As far as the clip list... it is what it is! They moved it from the right to the left! Why! I don't know! It seems odd having it on the left.
TheLaGmAn

Post by TheLaGmAn »

I have the same issue.

Its totally fine if they decided to move the clips list from the right to the left, but having no option to move it back to the right makes no sense, i cant use it with the clips on the left, so i cant use this version and have to stick with BI4.

The layout of the cameras has always been barely customizable, i get that you can choose 1-up, 2-up and whatever, but ultimately sizes are automatically calculated, a free camera sizing-position would make the layout 10000% better for people having the same cameras all the time, sort of like the "open desktop in frame" but inside the BI layout, so you can resize and freelly position.

I dont understand why this hasnt been done nor why when taking the decision to change the layout still do it in a fixed way that no one can change, the idea would be that the user can decide whats the best way to organize the screen
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

TheLaGmAn wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm Its totally fine if they decided to move the clips list from the right to the left, but having no option to move it back to the right makes no sense, i cant use it with the clips on the left, so i cant use this version and have to stick with BI4.
Curious as to why the program is unusable with the clip list on the left?
jelli23898

Post by jelli23898 »

From a development point of view, I can understand that they haven't touched the current screen layout method, the may think that it is fine as it is, or they want to update it but due to the heap of other development in version 5, they just didn't get to it.

I would love to see the layout UI updated, both to create more layouts, and also to make the camera layout method easier. I find that the current method is quite hard to get the camera I want into the exact location that I want it. It always feels like one of those slide puzzles where you have to slide things around in order to eventually end up with the order that you are looking for. Complicating this is that UI3 uses the order of cameras configured in the main console but not always the same layout (e.g. if not all cameras shown in the main console are shown in UI3).

I've always wanted the ability to configure it by visually selecting a screen layout (a little diagram showing what a 3-up etc looks like), and then being able to drag and drop the camera that I want into each of the different squares. Plus being able to have multiple tabs for the main monitor with each tab able to have a different layout, and the same camera able to be configured into each of the tabs. e.g. I might want to have my main driveway camera in the same location on every tab, but have a tab for driveway and carpark, and another tab for driveway and office spaces.

A mockup of what I am talking about.... I hope it is clear what I mean.
blueiris-mockup.png
blueiris-mockup.png (12.69 KiB) Viewed 23792 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I see what you mean. And yes, I agree. It would be nice to have a larger selection of grids.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Just dbl click the clip list title bar and it will toggle to whatever side you want it on.
Annotation 2019-07-16 135104.jpg
Annotation 2019-07-16 135104.jpg (159.21 KiB) Viewed 23750 times
Smile

Post by Smile »

Tinman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm Just dbl click the clip list title bar and it will toggle to whatever side you want it on.
Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!