Define IR on, IR off, IR auto

eganders

Define IR on, IR off, IR auto

Post by eganders »

I have tried IR on/off and IR auto and I am still puzzled as to their EXACT definition. If I set the IR on (left click on camera window/PZT control/IR on) the IR LEDs goes on and the camera goes to black & white. IR off the camera leds go off and the camera goes to color. Auto? Don't know what it is suppose to do... It appears to go color in daytime and black&white/IR on at night, but I have not done enough testing to be sure.

Is auto where the camera schedules the IR on and off?

I don't seem to get a consistent control from the schedule set up in "event schedule". It appears to control the LEDs somewhat inconsistently. I have not done a rigorous test yet. I have a combination of Foscam and Amcrest cameras (8 total).
MikeBwca

Re: Define IR on, IR off, IR auto

Post by MikeBwca »

Seems like the cameras are correctly switching with the IR Auto setting.

To test, If these cameras are within reach, cover the IR sensor when in Auto, and they should switch.
Otherwise, put them on Continuous recording and see how they do day/night.

You could also shine a flashlight on the cameras at night for force them to switch. Then, view them in the BI Timeline to see how they respond.
eganders

Post by eganders »

I would just like to know what the definition of IR on, IR off and IR auto is for Blue Iris. My thought is that ON is forced on. Off is forced off and auto is controlled by the camera, but I am not sure.

If you schedule IR on/off in Blue Iris under the schedule menu, does the schedule CHANGE the IR on/IR off you can turn on or off in the right click (camera setting menu) PZT controls/IR/IR ON/OFF/AUTO?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

BI sends the commands (IR, Brightness, Contrast, PTZ...) to the camera. So, they would be whatever the camera does with them.
eganders

Post by eganders »

Yep! I get that. Auto appears to let the camera control the IR LEDs