Direct to Disk recording

General discussion about Blue Iris
Matts1984

Re: Direct to Disk recording

Post by Matts1984 »

Not too long ago I found the amazingness that is D2D and will NOT go back. The only caveat I've found, read, been made aware of is that D2D does not allow you to add BI overlays (because the feed is saved prior to BI processing). I originally had BI adding time and date stamps. I simply configured the cameras to add their own directly to the actual feed so BI D2D saves it. The minor config change saved me huge CPU cycles. The only thing I miss out on is that, having different brand cameras, the fonts on some are different (OCD kicking in). It also requires your cameras to be configured, and allowed, ntp access to ensure their time is right. I can tell the cameras are not perfect at keeping sync but it's within one second - so I can live with it!

The reported issue of having clips not showing when you're doing D2D... I did not run into that myself but I actually read about that yesterday and made proactive tweaks to my configuration. I think the issue is down to your "key frames". Check out page 202 in the help document.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
Lusk

Re: Direct to Disk recording

Post by Lusk »

I have recently started to use DTD and use this as continuous recording but the same cameras are also set to run on a trigger only basis. So far all is working well.