Foscam R2 Cameras - walled garden

varghesesa

Foscam R2 Cameras - walled garden

Post by varghesesa »

My R2C Foscam camera (https://www.foscam.com/R2C.html) was running very slowly yesterday. I did a restart of the camera and the camera kept saying "foscam ready for WiFi configuration". Never did that before. After searching the internet, came to this page (https://www.foscam.com/faqs/view.html?id=100) which guided me on how to download the mobile app and connect my camera to my home wifi. I can now see the video from foscam's phone app.

However, BI cannot connect to it like it could in the past. Seems like Foscam closed their cameras to third parties similar to D-Link.

Anyone experience same results or know how to reconnect foscam to BI?

-- Sam
MikeBwca

Re: Foscam R2 Cameras - walled garden

Post by MikeBwca »

However, BI cannot connect to it like it could in the past. Seems like Foscam closed their cameras to third parties similar to D-Link.
:shock: say - what! :o If they did, it's the end of Foscam. Let's hope not.
JLG

Post by JLG »

My two R2's are still working as expected. So, Foscam HQ could "tweak" a camera that is already up & running? Is that even a concept?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Mine is working OK today, but I wonder if yours has rebooted and had its firmware updated ? I don't want to reboot mine now :shock:

I do have mine hard wired to the server though, as the wifi kept dropping the camera out.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
JLG

Post by JLG »

I know I rebooted at least one of my R2's within the last week; both are working fine. I assumed any FW updates were only manual, but maybe not? (I didn't check the logs). But, I may not update them until I research the FW some more; good point.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

JLG wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:20 am My two R2's are still working as expected. So, Foscam HQ could "tweak" a camera that is already up & running? Is that even a concept?
Not unless it's a firmware upgrade. The upgrade docs sometimes says that it cannot be backed out! In that case, I upgrade one of my cams and let it run for a week or so before upgrading firmware on the other 5 (9826P v2).
varghesesa

Post by varghesesa »

Interesting. My camera is actually an R2C. I think "C" stands for cloud, so maybe only those versions are affected. Everything changed after the reboot.

-- Sam
Arch

Post by Arch »

What’s the end result? Is the Foscam R2C now a cloud-only camera? I was looking at them as my next preferred model
--
B.I. v5.2.5.3, x64. Upgrade from B.I. v3.6. Using Foscam 19821W, Foscam F18921P V3, Foscam F19021PW, Wansview W4/RTSP, Wansview NCM621W, Wansview W3 (X Series). Wansview NCB543W (retired)