BI high CPU overnight

topak

BI high CPU overnight

Post by topak »

guys - I am running the latest version 5.2.5.9 x64 (4/19/20) in service mode with 8 2MP cameras, 15fps, all CPU optimization implemented from the help and this forum. During the day, if I have the console up or closed, the CPU stays manageable in the 30's or 40's. However, overnight the CPU goes high and when I log into the computer in the morning, it responds very slowly and I have to kill Blue iris from taskbar and restart the service. I changed Compact/Repair DB function to 11am every morning to see if that was causing it but it made no difference

What else could I do to troubleshoot this? Does BI have any kind of external syslog to show what processes within it are getting stuck etc and causing high CPU

Thanks
LOOPYLOOP

Re: BI high CPU overnight

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

I think it is the latest version (5.2.5.9), my CPU usage has doubled since installing it.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm running 5.2.5.9 and I haven't noticed any changes in CPU usage. My system usually loafs along at ~18 to 20% with 7 cameras. I did lose drag-panning after the last couple of updates.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I was running 5.2.5.7. Yesterday I noticed my desktop was very sluggish. Checking, I found BI running at 75-85% of the cpu!!!

I upgraded to 5.2.5.9, and it returned back to normal - in fact, a bit below normal! It's been running fine since. I'm thinking it was not the upgrade, but recycling BI that corrected it.

Looks like were looking at a memory leak or some other type of (leak?) issue. Since others have reported this on the .9 version, time will tell if this will be a recurring issue.
mlisted

Post by mlisted »

My GPU usage has doubled since 5.2.5.7. Slow enough to be unusable. And reverting to 5.2.5.6 or even 5.2.5.1 didn’t fix it. Must be a permanent configuration... RIP.