Android App - Failing to connect

darant1979

Android App - Failing to connect

Post by darant1979 »

Hi All,

I have recently install Bi5 PC server and the Android app... The Android app will not connect stating "Unable to reach server" even though the browser can..

I have tried the web server tool and all the checks come back as OK.

I have checked the Firewall although this isn't blocking as I can browse to the Bi5 server..

All help or experience appreciated :)

Daran
TimG

Re: Android App - Failing to connect

Post by TimG »

Hi Daran,

Assuming you are on wifi on the same network, have you set up your LAN IP and port in the android app ? I tend to keep my Windows server on a static ip to stop it moving around. Have you set up a mobile user in BI5 and used the same user and password in the android app too ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
darant1979

Post by darant1979 »

Hi Tim.

Yes. I can browse to the server via port 8181 but the app won't work. I've tried another Remote app and that seems to connect but won't run. That app gives corrupt server data errors.

In the Bi5 logs, I can see the IP of my phone in the connections tab but that's it.

I've tried with the FW off, same thing.

Daran
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Check the Webserver Advanced section. Check if you've been banned for whatever reason. This has happened to me a few times.

Also, I've had a recurring issue (with V4) that if I'm on LTE, it can take several times to 20+ attempts to connect. I think it's Cricket doing something. Havn't been able to figure it out.
darant1979

Post by darant1979 »

I have this working, I trialed another CCTV package a few days ago and the ports I was using had been assigned to that app so caused a conflict..
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, that would explain it ! :lol:

Sometime ago, I noticed addresses in China and Russia attempting to log in to BI4. I have now closed all ports, and use OpenVPN for remote access. No more naughty people in my logs :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.