Wyze V2 Setup Instructions

Andre

Wyze V2 Setup Instructions

Post by Andre »

I need detailed setup instructions for Wyze V2 camera and Blue Iris 4. Cameras work with TinyCam Pro, but can not get them to work with Blue Iris 4. Please help
broachoski

Re: Wyze V2 Setup Instructions

Post by broachoski »

Here are my settings in BI 5. Input your RTSP name and password, the IP address and make sure to put /live in the path line.

WYZEbisetup.jpg
WYZEbisetup.jpg (83.33 KiB) Viewed 26405 times
Hefner413

Post by Hefner413 »

Are you able to use PTZ? I've got my wyze pan cams installed, but cannot PTZ.
Raccoontodd

Post by Raccoontodd »

PTZ will not work over RTSP on Wyze cams.
Hefner413

Post by Hefner413 »

Raccoontodd wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:18 am PTZ will not work over RTSP on Wyze cams.
Thanks for the reply. Any idea if PTZ is an option with any certain settings (other than RTSP)?
teredactle

Post by teredactle »

BI5 has a Wyze cam entry, it's Wyze Cam and the model is "V2 with OpenIPC firmware RTSP".
I don't know if this makes a difference at all in the dropoups/timeouts with Wyze running RTSP....
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I've given up on the nifty little Wyze Cams....they'd be great for a while and then one or more would just stop showing video or refuse to connect. It's too bad- they're awesome little cameras for the price.

It seems like having multiple cams running might also have been a problem for some people, but I'm not sure. As for me, I gave up on 'em.

teredactle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:49 pm BI5 has a Wyze cam entry, it's Wyze Cam and the model is "V2 with OpenIPC firmware RTSP".
I don't know if this makes a difference at all in the dropoups/timeouts with Wyze running RTSP....
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
digitalalien

Post by digitalalien »

Curious as to what you switched to for you cameras?
I have been using the Wyze cams for a while and just started using them with BI. They work OK but I do get intermittent disconnects from some of them. I also have a D-Link 5020 which I got a long time ago for low cost that works pretty much flawlessly and you can control PTZ on it.
I have one Wyze Pan but I prefer the stationary cams. It just doesn't work that well.
The thing with Wyze cams though, there's so much you can do with them. They aren't outdoor cameras but work fine outdoors with cases. The App is decent enough.

What's out there that is comparable? I wouldn't mind switching to something more reliable.
rumplestilts

Post by rumplestilts »

I'm certainly late to this party but I thought I'd give a thumb's up to the OP's config screen for the Wyze Cam v2. I bought one; used their firmware (4.28.4.41 as of this post) and tried it with a demo installation of BI v5. Worked perfectly. I bought two more, updated their firmware in exactly the same manner (as detailed in Wyze's webpage with the firmware link), then cloned the existing (working) camera's connection and changed IP and the alert (eMail) subject name.

I'm about 96 hours into my testing and none of the cams have dropped off BI. I've been pulling the power from the cams periodically just to see what happens (nothing happens; they just come back online in a few minutes and BI sees them).

I will monitor the cams until near the end of the BI 5 demo time and, assuming no surprises, will upgrade from v4 to v5.

I can't tell you how nice it is to have some cameras that provide decent video/still quality for $25 a pop. Those Foscams I had been using have provided barely marginal quality and don't seem to last much more than a year. At the Wyze price-point, I'll stock up on a few dozen spares, flash the firmware, and have them ready to drop into place should any fail.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've tried the Neos version of this camera, and so far I'm not impressed. So you need a 16GB microSD card partitioned to be 512MB to change the firmware to the rtsp Dafang version ? Pah, I used a real 256MB microSD card from my spares box. I suddenly feel very old...

It is working with BI5, as long as you don't mind not getting video half the time. It just stops and then starts again a minute later. A pity really, as I was eyeing it up for some hardware hacking into a home build Homeseer controlled doorbell :lol:

It is presently working on wifi with the Wyze V2 model in BI5. Has anybody tried to use one on ethernet ? I've only found that you need to rename the ethernet file so far, but there is nothing in that file :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.