Intel Hardware accelerated

General discussion about Blue Iris
mata7

Intel Hardware accelerated

Post by mata7 »

hi can any one please tell me what is the difference on the Hardware accelerated option between Intel , Intel®+VideoPostProc or New Intel, i have Intel 8 Generation with GPU UHD 630

Thanks in advanced
TimG

Re: Intel Hardware accelerated

Post by TimG »

Hi mata7,

There is some info here https://blueirissoftware.com/updates/

The built in BI5 Help file has a section describing updates too. Here's an interesting part:
5.2.2 - March 20, 2020
Video components were updated and the Intel hardware decoding interface was redesigned
and recoded in an attempt to bring some missing features online such as H.265 decoding
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration. For
backward compatibility concerns for now, you must select “New Intel” as the hardware
decoding method on the Video tab in camera settings.
By the number of new people posting here over the past week, there were clearly a few issues with the recent changes :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Ken tried Intel H265 a year or so ago but it never worked. I guess this is attempt #2.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 pm There is some info here https://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
I found this one to be of interest: Automatic clip storage sub-folder deletion

Does this mean that BI can now prune older files from the directories, preventing out-of-space issues?

I ask because I was just getting ready to write a small powershell script to do this very thing, but if BI will do it then that's one less thing on my list.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
terk

Post by terk »

Blue iris should keep its files to the space or number of days you have set. However if you store other things on the drive they can cause over allocation issues so its best to have a drive dedicated to Blue Iris and leave at least 10GB unallocated.
mata7

Post by mata7 »

TimG wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 pm Hi mata7,

There is some info here https://blueirissoftware.com/updates/

The built in BI5 Help file has a section describing updates too. Here's an interesting part:
5.2.2 - March 20, 2020
Video components were updated and the Intel hardware decoding interface was redesigned
and recoded in an attempt to bring some missing features online such as H.265 decoding
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration. For
backward compatibility concerns for now, you must select “New Intel” as the hardware
decoding method on the Video tab in camera settings.
By the number of new people posting here over the past week, there were clearly a few issues with the recent changes :shock:
thanks for you help