Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

TimG

Re: Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

Post by TimG »

And this is what happens when I deleted that test/test user in BI5 settings:

Does that look familiar ?

Note that the auto log on is usually set to Yes.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

wes2859 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:39 pm ...
Server is static @ 192.168.1.210:81. When I browse to that page (regardless of browser used on any pc in my LAN), I get a login webpage that you cannot login from any browser on any pc within the LAN.

The webpage is publishing & visible to clients on the LAN, just no user creds will work to login.
Can you post a screen capture of the webserver login screen?

If no users can login, are the userid's enabled, and, setup with a valid password & proper permissions?

Does the log show anything?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi wes2859,

To avoid all ambiguity and confusion, I mean to ask if you have set up your test user in BI5 settings like this:

Please let us know so that we can assist you 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Vanq

Post by Vanq »

Hi

I've also been having the restart issue. I've managed to diagnose it to the "Interface" options which for some reason on restart goes to a different subnet

Usually, I'm 192.168.86.34 but it comes up with an interface of "192.168.56.1" and no option to select differently. After a while of playing around I usually then get 4 options, can then select the right interface for the Local Lan access and it works fine. (The other 2 are 192.168.204.1 and 192.168.193.1)

I have the 'listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only' checked but perhaps that could be a solution, but the interface doesn't show up initially. Any way to hard code this?

I'm on a windows 10 PC, runnning BI as a service on start up. Restarting the programme doesn't always work, but as soon as the interface selection is an option then it does.

---------------

Any thoughts on why? Solutions people have found?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've also been having the restart issue. I've managed to diagnose it to the "Interface" options which for some reason on restart goes to a different subnet
Hi Vanq,

Is your BI5 pc set up with a static IP on the pc itself, or via settings in the modem/router ? Thixotropic recently had some strange behaviour with interface addresses :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Vanq

Post by Vanq »

Via router (Asus RT-RX88U)

Can do it on the PC thought if that helps?

Nothing else on the PC has the wrong IP address (ie I can use) for reference.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Vanq wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:14 pmI have the 'listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only' checked but perhaps that could be a solution
I tried using that option, thinking that it would lock it to the IP that I selected, but it didn't.

As others have mentioned, this may have something to do with the LAN not being fully initialized when BI starts but that's just a guess. Someone else said they use it as a service and set a delayed start for it, and that seemed to work.

For now I'm not running it as a service; eventually I'm going to start using a startup script to launch everything.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
pjred

Post by pjred »

Yes I set the service to delayed start and it seems to be OK now.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Vanq,
I suspect that most people who have the moving "static" IP address issue have it set in the router. I'm no expert, but by manually setting your static ip address on the pc, I think it may clarify things - and it can't hurt to try it.
Blue Iris must read the ip address from somewhere, and in your case it can't read it from your NIC, so where does it find it ?
As I said, this may help clarify what is happening.
Forum Moderator.
rockit

Post by rockit »

Hi.

I've been experiencing similar problems with the last couple of versions (don't know exactly when it started), and I've been trying to find out if this is a known problem.
Is it only the web server that stops working for those of you that have experienced this?
My fault consists of the following errors (at least):
- The UI loses the capability to enlarge any of the cameras if i double click and also zoom stops (by scrolling over the camera preview).
- Motion detection still operates and sends alerts. But if you press on the created alert image in the UI you get the last working video clip, regardless of what clip you press.
- The web server stops working. I mainly use it for REST API.
If I look at the BI-log of the API connection, it goes from the typical
"10 2020-04-02 17:18:18 Server 192.168.77.12: Connected"
to
"10 2020-04-02 17:17:37 Server 0.0.0.0: Connected"
when BI has stopped working properly.

If I update to a new version it works for about 24 h and then it happens again. I've tried to reinstall but with the same result.
I've stopped running BI as a service to see if that works.

Can someone else confirm my faults?
Thanks.