Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

PerryG

Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

Post by PerryG »

I am looking for recommendations for an outdoor IP camera which includes one-way audio that is fully compatible with BI5. I currently have an Amcrest IP4M-1026E camera recording movement at a birdfeeder, and this has worked out very well but I would like to start recording audio as well. I'm looking for a camera where the audio is transmitted over the network cable and does not require a separate audio cable. I have looked at the Reolink RLC-410 and RLC-511, but I have read about audio quality issues on Amazon and also saw some issues with BI. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
millercw

Re: Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

Post by millercw »

I use the Reolink cameras. If you use the bullet RLC-410 or dome cameras, be sure you get the 5mp cameras. The sound quality is much better than with the 4mp. I changed my 4mp cameras for 5mp. Much happier with the sound.

I am happy with the 5mp cameras.
sabiraslam

Post by sabiraslam »

Home security is basic need for every home. Today many top ranking companies offers different security appliances for multiple functions. I use Ring outdoor IP security camera over 6 years at my home. I am satisfied with its working. It easy to use, install and access on your smartphone. It fills all of your security needs.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi sabiraslam,

That sounds like an advertisement. I wouldn't call it a competing product though.

This is a Blue Iris CCTV software user forum, and the members here like to know technical details. Tell us about your Ring cameras. Resolution ? Wired or wireless ? How long does it keep recordings for ? How much does it cost per month ? Does the cost scale up if you add more cameras ? Without that information, Ring looks like a toy - so convince me.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
terk

Post by terk »

I have multiple of these which work great with BI and have great night vision and have zoom capabilities.

https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-H ... ref=sr_1_4
pomonabill220

Post by pomonabill220 »

terk wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:14 pm I have multiple of these which work great with BI and have great night vision and have zoom capabilities.

https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-H ... ref=sr_1_4
But no audio...
TimG

Post by TimG »

But no audio...
That's odd, my Dahua (See sig. below, also from Andy at Empiretech) does have audio. Very good audio. I know they did a cheaper version of mine without audio, so you will need to check model numbers.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
terk

Post by terk »

All of mine do.
See the Audio and Interface sections.https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ ... l/14251?us
DroMike

Post by DroMike »

PerryG wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:48 pm I am looking for recommendations for an outdoor IP camera which includes one-way audio that is fully compatible with BI5. I currently have an Amcrest IP4M-1026E camera....
I understand your post is more than half a year old, but should you not have resolved this or there are others interested, you (OP) could stay with Amcrest. They have an 8MP turret camera with audio, the Amcrest IP8M-T2499E. I have one myself (it can be had on Amazon for around $110). It gets a spectacular daytime picture and the audio is pretty good, except I'm honestly not enamored with the length of the night vision.

That said I also just purchased a few days ago (still coming...) a Hikvision IPC-T2347G-LU (the OEM version), another turret camera, again with audio. It can be had between about $165 and $214 depending if you get an OEM or a logo-branded model; the night vision is said to be fairly stunning and in color (so I MIGHT return the Amcrest 2499).

BTW, I have a 3 other outside Amcrest cams which are all bullet cameras. I've found they're spider and spider web magnets which is why I'm hard-leaning toward turret cams (I've read also that when dome cams get dusty, you get a reflection of the IR lights, so I think turrets the way to go). In any event for you or another, I hope this information is of some interest.