Getting it right

General discussion about Blue Iris
Savage66

Getting it right

Post by Savage66 »

could use some help on two issues. First would like to get step buy step on setting up two computers with blue iris 5 business with cameras talking to computer at home to view cameras at business.
Second issue my blue iris app on my iPhone keeps losing signal and when I leave business loose connection to cameras. What ever help would be appreciated.
MikeBwca

Re: Getting it right

Post by MikeBwca »

Savage66 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am First would like to get step buy step on setting up two computers with blue iris 5 business with cameras talking to computer at home to view cameras at business.
I'm not trying to be harsh...
Your asking for someone to give you consultant services for a business... on a public formum!!! Even paid consultants may not setup correctly, or, optimally. I'm not a fan of hiring consultants. You know the old phrase... "Give a man a fish..."

From what I understand from this is... You want a computer at your business running BI with cameras, and, be able to view them at home.

Questions:
1. At home, do you want to be able to manage BI at your business, as well as view them? This means being able to modify the BI software and camera settings.

The computer at home has 2 options.
- Run another licensed copy of BI, and use the 'Remote management' feature to connect and control the BI server at your business. Doing this woudl be like your at your business computer using BI.
- Use a web browser and BI's to login to the business BI to view the cameras.

Yes, it can all be done.
You can also use a phone app to view the cameras.

A step-by-step guide would be quite detailed, and prone to errors and omissions for your particular need.

The short basic...
1. Installing BI on a computer at your business, with appropriate cpu, memory, storage...
2. Allow the BI Webserver port thru your firewall/router using vpn, port forwars, or other method.
3. Using a web browser on any computer, weither at home or elswhere, to login to the BI webserver.
4. Using a phone app to login to the BI webserver.

If you want to do 'Remote Management' of your business BI server...
- Install a licensed copy of BI on your home computer. Use BI at home to connect remotely to your Business BI server.
Last edited by MikeBwca on Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Savage66 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am Second issue my blue iris app on my iPhone keeps losing signal and when I leave business loose connection to cameras. What ever help would be appreciated.
This is because you do not have the 'Wan' setup correctly. This involves allowing the Webserver port thru your firewall/router. You need to be careful with this, or you risk opening your computer to others.

There's lots of info here, and other site, about doing this. Youtube has some helpful videos.

The simple way to to port-forward the webserver port # thru your router. There are other options, like VPN.
kramercat

Post by kramercat »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 am
Savage66 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am First would like to get step buy step on setting up two computers with blue iris 5 business with cameras talking to computer at home to view cameras at business.
I'm not trying to be harsh...
Your asking for someone to give you consultant services for a business... on a public formum!!! Even paid consultants may not setup correctly, or, optimally. I'm not a fan of hiring consultants. You know the old phrase... "Give a man a fish..."

From what I understand from this is... You want a computer at your business running BI with cameras, and, be able to view them at home.

Questions:
1. At home, do you want to be able to manage BI at your business, as well as view them? This means being able to modify the BI software and camera settings.

The computer at home has 2 options.
- Run another licensed copy of BI, and use the 'Remote management' feature to connect and control the BI server at your business. Doing this woudl be like your at your business computer using BI.
- Use a web browser and BI's to login to the business BI to view the cameras.

Yes, it can all be done.
You can also use a phone app to view the cameras.

A step-by-step guide would be quite detailed, and prone to errors and omissions for your particular need.

The short basic...
1. Installing BI on a computer at your business, with appropriate cpu, memory, storage...
2. Allow the BI Webserver port thru your firewall/router using vpn, port forwars, or other method.
3. Using a web browser on any computer, weither at home or elswhere, to login to the BI webserver.
4. Using a phone app to login to the BI webserver.

If you want to do 'Remote Management' of your business BI server...
- Install a licensed copy of BI on your home computer. Use BI at home to connect remotely to your Business BI server.

remote control is generally a cool thing. I set it up for myself and can manage computers from home