EZVIZ NVR Setup with Blue Iris 5

knotpc

Post by knotpc »

I have an EZVIZ (HikVision) CS-X4-108P NVR with four POE cameras. The system is expandable to eight. I bought the system based on cost, not really researching it fully (my bad). The system forces you to use the EZVIZ cloud. EZVIZ tech support says the system will only work with their cloud and that it will not work with any third-party applications. Not wanting to throw away my investment I set out to figure out how to connect to the system, knowing it was based on Hikvision and had undocumented support for RTSP:554.

So after a day of trial and error, I was able to successfully connect to each camera through the NVR. Here are the setting you will need.

rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/101/ Camera One Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/201/ Camera Two Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/301/ Camera Three Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/401/ Camera Four Stream One
etc....

The key here is getting the QRCODE password which is located on top of the NVR. You simply scan it and the code is revealed within the scan results. Below is a picture of my Blue Iris settings.
blueiris configuration.gif
blueiris configuration.gif (162.18 KiB) Viewed 16489 times
After I got this to work I used the EZVIZ APP to disconnect the NVR from the EZVIZ cloud app.

I also disable the UPNP for the application.

After completing those steps when you log in to the EZVIZ application locally (on your local network). You get this.

The cameras are live and working with Blue Iris software, even though the application says that the system is offline.

NOTE: You can still manage the system using the application locally, you simply cannot view the cameras.

I hope this helps anyone trying to connect an EZVIZ NVR to your Blue Iris software. NOTE: This also worked for Homeseer.
TimG

Re: EZVIZ NVR Setup with Blue Iris 5

Post by TimG »

Nice one knotpc.

What do you think of BI compared to the original nvr ?

I would be wary of ever upgrading the firmware on the cameras, just in case they remove the "undocumented support for RTSP:554" :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
tiszavolgyi

Post by tiszavolgyi »

Were you able to figure out how to talk through the cameras using BlueIris?

You can set up your router to forward a specific port to BI so you can have a look on the cameras through a web browser from anywhere. I suggest using SSL secured connection.
Nobber

Post by Nobber »

Hello, is it possible to connect one of these without buying the NVR, thanks
kielforeman

Post by kielforeman »

EZViz CS-C3U-22ER Camera that comes with the CS-X4-108P NVR
is Hikvision DS-2CD2020-I and will flash to the non broken Hikvision firmware easily.
The NVR seems to be the same as the HiKVision DS-7608, although I can't get it to flash the firmware yet.
johnnyB

Post by johnnyB »

knotpc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:38 pm I have an EZVIZ (HikVision) CS-X4-108P NVR with four POE cameras. The system is expandable to eight. I bought the system based on cost, not really researching it fully (my bad).
I'm in the same boat. Appreciate the write-up! However, I'd like to try to get the cameras working without the NVR. I know you're not really using it but it's a waste to have it in the loop just as an RTSP pipe so to speak. I also hate to totally throw away the NVR but using their cloud is a deal-breaker for me. You can successfully interrogate the cameras using the SADP tool provided by Hikvision but without the admin password (the NVR password doesn't work with the cameras) can't do much more than read back a few bits of information there. Has anyone tried reflashing these cameras as suggested by @kielforeman in this thread? I've port scanned the cameras and found the following ports open: 554, 8000, 8200, 9010, and 9020. I'm guessing that they have remapped tftp port (maybe 9010 & 9020?) but haven't tested this. I'd like to confirm that this camera and the other Hikvision model are the same and that you can successfully reflash these with that firmware. Also, assuming that you can reflash these with that firmware - do we know what the admin/root user account password is once reflashed? Thanks.
Lexx

Post by Lexx »

First post, have mercy. I didn't see a follow-up regarding connecting an EZVIZ camera to BI without an NVR. I just got an EZVIZ LC1C (the floodlight camera, EZVIZ firmware version V5.3.2 build 200622) successfully connected directly to BI. Camera Discovery didn't work and the camera doesn't respond to ping or HTTP requests, but once the IP address (rtsp:// protocol) is entered, with userid: admin and password the "Verification Code" on the QR label (also available inside the EZVIZ app in About) -- IT WORKS! The password source was a key clue from the OP of this thread, THANK YOU!

Seems to work, but only time will tell if it will be reliable. There is an EZVIZ logo and the native time display overlays which I don't think can be turned off (annoying), but it's better than not working. The app seems to still work as well.

At the same time, I got a couple of other models of EZVIZ cameras (a C1C and a C3N) -- I'll post about any success or failure to connect those to BI as well when I get a chance to deploy and test.

Update 2020-12-13: LC1C continues to work, but ... RTSP stream went offline after a couple of days but still worked from app. Coincidentally, the SD card got corrupted (no power outages, card nog full, still just running indoors as a test for a few days). Repowering didn’t fix. Removing the SD card did. I’ve had issues like this (camera fails based on SD card) with these cheap Chinese cameras before, I am just going to run it card-less — it’s intended to be a very high-mounted floodlight, requires a major operation to access if it fails like that in deployment.

Update 2020-12-13: I can confirm that C3N model also works per above, but that C1C cam DOES NOT have an RTSP stream.

Update 2020-12-13: HIK Vision software (mobile and desktop) also work with LC1C and C3N (and not C1C). This is useful as it gives you access to more settings, including stream configuration and removal of logo and time overlays.
GiovanniLuca

Post by GiovanniLuca »

My NVR died and I have 8 of these C3N cameras I want to connect to directly using motion eye on home assistant as my NVR. Anyone have success flashing that firmware. If so, I will buy a POE switch and flash mine. Be good to get rid of that noisy NVR and laggy cloud software.

I tried to flash a camera with Hikvision firmware as stated by some else’s post but no luck so far. Will post back if I eventually succeed. Firmware makes it to the device but then won’t apply so I assume it’s not being detected as compatible.