Blue Iris 5 remote connection

long7time

Blue Iris 5 remote connection

Post by long7time »

Every since I upgraded to BI5 i have noticed my remote connection to my system has slowed down a lot, when i connect to the system remotely my web interface is not real time, some time it takes 30 seconds to 2 min before the live video feed changes. I also see a orange clock on one my cameras that says the stream is delayed. it automatically trys to recycle the video feed but it comes right back . I never had any of these issue with BI4 version .

This slowness is also effecting my Mobile android app also. Long time to connect and sometimes the live feed does not updates for minutes

Do I have a router issue or a setting that is not correct?
TimG

Re: Blue Iris 5 remote connection

Post by TimG »

Hi long7time,

The fact that it also does it with your Mobile android app is interesting. My BI5 setup works well, the same as it did with BI4 as far as remote viewing, and even the android app goes, so I think that is indeed pointing you towards your hardware.

Did you change anything else at the same time you installed BI5 ? Does BI5 work normally on the BI5 pc ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
long7time

Post by long7time »

It works fine on the PC that is hosting the BI5 software, no issues at all no lagging no delays, it is only when i attempt to do a remote access from any computer or using my phone (android)

I made no equipment changes i.e. router, or host pc, I did not have to do any router configuration changes.

thanks
long7time

Post by long7time »

Does anyone have any ideas on the topic?

thanks in advance
long7time

Post by long7time »

I just check my anti virus application (AVG ) and in the exception list I had Blue Iris 4 .exe listed instead of Blue Iris 5, so i removed Blue 4 and added Blue 5. I also check the blocked and allowed programs to make sure the BLue 5 is listed there also . Is there anywhere else I need to check or could it be a setting somewhere that is causing me the issue when i remote access my system?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Long7time,

It does sound like a configuration issue, so it will hopefully be a matter of checking through things one by one until you find it. I am presently running my remote android BI app via OpenVpn server running on my router, so I can't easily compare standard settings with you :o

So:

1. Did you use the remote access wizard to set up remote access ? If not, can you try it ? Any difference ?
2. You have updated your AVG exception list - has this had any effect ? Did you check the file path for accuracy too ? (It may not be as simple as changing a 4 to a 5).
3. Does your BI5 server work normally to another pc on the same LAN using UI3, and also to your mobile device on local wifi ?
4. Have you checked firewall rules ?
5. Which firewall are you using ?
6. When you say remote BI access, what are you using ? do you mean on another pc on a different internet connected network and also to your remote mobile device on a mobile carrier ? Are both of those networks fast enough for other video playback ?

That should get us started :!:
Forum Moderator.
long7time

Post by long7time »

thanks for the replay Tim

Did you use the remote access wizard to set up remote access ? Yes I use the wizard that came with BI5. I have ran that wizard a few times. according the information contained in this wizard I should be access my system 99.95.236.xxx:81 (WAN) and (Lan) 192.168.x.xxx:81
the box for use UI3 for non Browser is checked also. I use the WAN ip address when i attempt to access my system remotely from my WIN10 laptop connected to WIFI or hotspot. I gain access but the connection is really realy slow.

You have updated your AVG exception list - has this had any effect ? No effect no changes I did double check the file path to assure i had the correct location of Blue Iris exe file it is listed as c:programfiles\blueiris5\*
I also added the following paths to the AVG Aint Virus allowed apps list
c:programfiles\blueiris5\blueiris.exe
c:programfiles\blueiris5\blueirisadmin.exe
c:programfiles\blueiris5\blueirisservices.exe

Does your BI5 server work normally to another pc on the same LAN using UI3 - yes no issues, when i log in (Lan) 192.168.x.xxx:81 - it works great, this also applies to my mobile device when i am at home but some times I have to turn off the wifi to my mobile device and use just the mobile data to access BI sometimes from my phone when i am home. i find this strange, when my mobil wifi is on sometimes I get a message unable to find server.

Have you checked firewall rules ? - Yes I am not using Windows Defender on the PC running Blueiris AVG Anti Virus is the only fire wall.
Now on my ATT Router it has a firewall also I have added to the NAT/Gaming option of this router under hosted application Blue Iris name PLUS the TCP/UDP:81 under ports and the PC name of the computer BI is running on. This is what allows me access to through the ATT Router.

Have you checked firewall rules ? - i think so ... again AVG is the only firewall being used and i cannot find any other rules beside the exception list for apps

Which firewall are you using ? AVG Anti Virus Windows Defender in WIn10 is off

When you say remote BI access, what are you using ? do you mean on another pc on a different internet connected network and also to your remote mobile device on a mobile carrier ? Are both of those networks fast enough for other video playback ? I am using a win10 laptop connected to either guest WIFI network at work or my hotspot or some free WIFI some where. I am using a wins10 OS. Most times the WIFI sis secure and yes it is fast enough to play the video play back

hope the above helps and thanks again for looking - let me know if you have additional questions

David
TimG

Post by TimG »

Everything looks fine there, apart from the mobile device losing the connection with wifi at home.
but some times I have to turn off the wifi to my mobile device and use just the mobile data to access BI sometimes from my phone when i am home. i find this strange, when my mobil wifi is on sometimes I get a message unable to find server.
Does that happen even if you are using the mobile device to surf the internet at home ? I think that needs looking into, as it could be pointing to the problem.

Does anybody else have any ideas ?
Forum Moderator.
long7time

Post by long7time »

Does that happen even if you are using the mobile device to surf the internet at home ? I think that needs looking into, as it could be pointing to the problem.

No I never have issue with home wifi, the only reason i have to turn off my wifi on my mobile is sometimes when i try to access the blue iris system - connect to server - i get a message saying unable to connect to find server from the app on my android. After i turn off the wifi connection I can connect to server.

So based on my prior information you did not see any other area i need to check that could be making my remote connection slow? i really felt it waqs a firewall issue or something i missed via the setup. something is limiting the data or connection spped once i try to connect to my system outside of my network. i just cannot figure out what it is.