do I have Clip/archiving setup correctly? harddrive keeps locking up...

NGNeer314

do I have Clip/archiving setup correctly? harddrive keeps locking up...

Post by NGNeer314 »

ever since upgrading to v5, i've been having my 2nd internal harddrive (used just for BI storage) lock up. I usually have to re-format it and then its good. I've replaced the harddrive 2 times now, and the problem still occurs, so i doubt its a hardware problem.

I finally isolated the problem: the problem occurs whenever blueIris fills up the space I allocated it for storage.

I had *assumed* that i configured it so when the space limit is reached it just deletes the oldest clips and keeps recording. BUt instead it makes the drive stop responding :shock:

i attached screenshot of my clip/archiving configuration. basically everything gets stored in "new" until it reaches 480 GB, then it should delete the oldest clips, right?

Is there a better way I should configure this? am I misinterpreting the settings?

(the drive is actually a 2TB drive, so it never gets even close to running out of space).

Thanks!
Attachments
clip.jpg
clip.jpg (97.96 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
MikeBwca

Re: do I have Clip/archiving setup correctly? harddrive keeps locking up...

Post by MikeBwca »

Can you post captures of your 'Status/Clip storage'.

When storage reaches 480gig, check the BI log for results of the 'delete results'. There may be error messages.
NGNeer314

Re: do I have Clip/archiving setup correctly? harddrive keeps locking up...

Post by NGNeer314 »

thats a good idea, to check the log *slaps forehead*

heres the clip status. aaand of course, its already reached the 480 gig limit and my system is working just fine!

The one thing that is different now is i had lowered the limit to 480G. Previously, when i noticed the problems, I had it around 1.8T to maximize the usage of my 2TB harddisk (but still leave some buffer room).

I will set the limit back to 1.8T, and wait to see what happens when i reach it. i will then check the logs and this clip status screen and let you know.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right directions!
Attachments
screensho.jpg
screensho.jpg (73.87 KiB) Viewed 2846 times