After installing 5.0.7.7 x64 no Audio

larryw

After installing 5.0.7.7 x64 no Audio

Post by larryw »

I have two cameras with microphones and the sound was working before the update, but now I have nothing. The audio is working fine when I access the cameras via the web browser.

Larry
oceanslider

Re: After installing 5.0.7.7 x64 no Audio

Post by oceanslider »

Did you email support on this. I have same issue but didn't email support yet. Let us know what you find out.
Dedicated Blue Iris 5 PC : HP ProDesk i5-8500, 8gb RAM, 256gb M.2 SSD(for BI and Windows 10), 8tb drive shucked from WD EasyStore.
Two cameras so far: one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and one IPC-T5442TM-AS, eventually looking to have about 6 or 7 cameras.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Another poster reported that upgrading seemed to fix the issue. Current version is 5.0.7.10.
ptweez

Post by ptweez »

I'm on the latest version and seeing this issue as well.

To be clear though, and I'm curious if this is the same with others, I can hear audio just fine in BI itself. It's through UI3 that I no longer have the ability to toggle audio. The clip listing in UI3 shows that the clips have audio, but there's no longer an icon to turn it on/off for clips or live video.
ptweez

Post by ptweez »

Wanted to update this in case anyone else is still having this issue.

As I said in my last post, it wasn't BI5 itself where I couldn't toggle audio. If I remoted in to my BI5 server, I could play the audio just fine.

The issue was that I couldn't toggle audio through the web UI anymore. One of the awesome UI3 devs clued me in that certain recent versions of Chrome have been defaulting to a JPEG stream, which doesn't carry audio. The answer is to just click on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the web UI and change it back to one of the h.264 options (480p, 720p, etc) and audio is back.

Hope that's helpful.