Motion Detection

grashoper

Motion Detection

Post by grashoper »

Good morning. BI did a minor update a few days ago, currently on 5.0.4.8 x64, and the motion detection and text alerts will not turn off. When i am home I like to turn off motion detection by right click on each video and remove the 'check mark' from 'motion detection'. It has worked perfectly until the latest update. Now, even with no 'check mar' beside motion detection it still detects motion and sends me text alerts to my phone no matter what i try. has anybody else had this issue? thanks?
MikeBwca

Re: Motion Detection

Post by MikeBwca »

This does not resolve the specific issue your having. But...

Use Profiles for this.

1. In BI Settings/Profiles, choose a profile for your 'At Home/No Motion Detection'. Lets say profile # 2. Set the description appropriately.
2. Set the time the profile will stay active. Ther's a # for indefinably, but I'm not sure what it is. Probably 0.
3. In each camera, change the 'Profile #2' setting for no motion. Or, better yet, keep motion enables - just set for no trigger. This way you still have a record of motions around your house, but, will not be hassled by all the alerts.

The benefit here is that all you need do is switch to profile #2. No more going into each camera. Also, you can change the profile via the mobile app. You can also set geofencing so when you arrive home it would automatically go to profile 2. And, when you leave home, it could switch to profile 1.

You could also set up schedules for the profiles. Lots of options.
grashoper

Post by grashoper »

Thank you so much for your reply. I am relatively new to BI, I used the trial for a few weeks before purchasing it, but really haven't had much spare time to tinker around with it. These all sound pretty doable, and interesting.. I def. have to look into the geofencing! I will post back here after I experiment a little with these. For now, I have the computer shut off when I am home as it drives me crazy. Other than this little glitch, BI is a wonderful program. Thanks again!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

yw. Same here. I have profile set to 'No Alerts, Priority Only'. And, I've set just a few cameras to alert. I also have profile 6 set to 'No Alerts'. It just takes 1 click to set them.
bluestblues

Post by bluestblues »

MikeBwca:

I saw your post where you explained this: "3. In each camera, change the 'Profile #2' setting for no motion. Or, better yet, keep motion enables - just set for no trigger. This way you still have a record of motions around your house, but, will not be hassled by all the alerts." This is exactly what I am trying to do (still get recorder video but without alerts on Profile #2), but I cannot get it to work. I had no problem doing this in BI4 but ever since upgrading to BI5 I cannot get selective alerts based upon a Profile. Any help sure would be appreciated as I have spent hours on this.
bluestblues

Post by bluestblues »

MikeBwca wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 am yw. Same here. I have profile set to 'No Alerts, Priority Only'. And, I've set just a few cameras to alert. I also have profile 6 set to 'No Alerts'. It just takes 1 click to set them.
Me again... Mike, I cannot find these settings that you have mentioned here. Where are you finding this setting for 'No Alerts, Priority Only'? As I mentioned elsewhere, I wish to record on motion and have email alerts on Profile #1 but would also like recording on motion without email alerts on Profile #2. I cannot get the alerts to work selectively.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

bluestblues wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 pm
MikeBwca wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 am yw. Same here. I have profile set to 'No Alerts, Priority Only'. And, I've set just a few cameras to alert. I also have profile 6 set to 'No Alerts'. It just takes 1 click to set them.
Me again... Mike, I cannot find these settings that you have mentioned here. Where are you finding this setting for 'No Alerts, Priority Only'? As I mentioned elsewhere, I wish to record on motion and have email alerts on Profile #1 but would also like recording on motion without email alerts on Profile #2. I cannot get the alerts to work selectively.
What your referring too 'No Alerts, Priority Only', is the name of a profile, not a setting.

For example, I set Profile #6 to the name 'No Alerts, Priority Only', and, Profile #7 to ' 'No Alerts'. This is done in the BI settings 'Profiles' tab. Setting these profile names do not effect any settings. They are merely useful profile names, rather than remembering what profile 6 does, and what profile 7 does.
Settings-Profiles.png
Settings-Profiles.png (33.42 KiB) Viewed 10159 times

To set cameras to use another profile...
For each camera you want to change to a different profile than 1, in the cameras settings...
- In the Schedule tab, enable the 'Override global schedule for camera'. That's all that's needed here.

If you do not want alerts...
1. Alerts Tab: Select the profile you want. In my example, Profile 7 'No Alerts'.
2. Make sure 'Sync with profile 1' is unchecked/Disabled.
3. Click 'On Alert' button, and uncheck/disable the 'Enable' check box.
4. Click 'OK' twice.

If you do not want motion... basically do the same as Alerts above, but, uncheck 'Motion sensor' in the trigger tab.

You can also change any other setting for a profile. Maybe you want a profile for windy/rainy days, and set the motion detection parameters less sensitive.

Maybe a profile for Night, and leave the default profile 1 for days. You can use the global schedule to change profiles at sunrise/sunset, or, use the cameras scheduler to set just a few cameras.

Is this helpful? Or, did I just confuse the issue?
bluestblues

Post by bluestblues »

My hero! That did it for me. Many thanks for your precise and detailed explanation. This is just what I needed.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Your very much welcome. Thanks for the update.