Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

TimG

Re: Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

Post by TimG »

Are you guys all using Intel cpu's? Hardware acceleration? Let's find the common factor here, I have no issues at all with my ancient Amd cpu.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

Add my 2 cents.. Having the same problem... Somewhat disheartening to see it's been an issue since Sep and there doesn't appear to be a solution...
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

TimG wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 pm Are you guys all using Intel cpu's? Hardware acceleration? Let's find the common factor here, I have no issues at all with my ancient Amd cpu.
I'll get you my specs tomorrow morning when I get to the shop...
llowell

Post by llowell »

This has me crazy. Reverted to Blue Iris 4. It works as is intended to.
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have tried IEX and CHROME.. No connection.

I can't even connect from the local machine that BI5 is running on..

Attached are the specs of the computer..
Attachments
Lexington.jpg
Lexington.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 9934 times
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

miko15851 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:14 pm Any solutions? I've been having the same problem. Didn't think it would be a Blue Iris issues and have been going crazy tinkering with my firewall and router settings. Can't think of it being anything else other then a Blue Iris issue.
I don't think that's the case.. When I tried connecting from the Local Machine that had BI5 installed, I couldn't connect..

That indicates to me that the issue is internal to BI5 and not any kind of router/connection/port issue that is external to the software package..

That's the assumption I am operating under..
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

TimG wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 pm Are you guys all using Intel cpu's? Hardware acceleration? Let's find the common factor here, I have no issues at all with my ancient Amd cpu.
Hi Tim...

I am currently in recovery, convalescing from a recent open heart triple by pass surgery...

While I am not moving fast and am limited to physical work, I have nothing but time..

I also have multiple machine types at my disposal both locally and remotely...

If you need any help trouble-shooting, let me know.. I am available 0600-1700 US EST.....
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Michale32086,

I'm afraid I'm not part of the staff here, just another user trying to make sense of what is happening.

Can anybody confirm that they have emailed support, using the information from the "Email Support" button in BI5 settings ? That adds your licence details so support can prioritise help requests. I usually get a response within 3 days, but it could be longer at this time of year.

What you guys can do with this thread, is try to figure out the common factors here. For example, my Amd BI5 rig gets rebooted once a week due to noticeable slow downs with Emby and my other media servers that also run on it. Could that reboot be enough to avoid this issue ? Get some info here, and then get those emails in to support, referencing this thread.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

TimG wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pm Hi Michale32086,

I'm afraid I'm not part of the staff here, just another user trying to make sense of what is happening.
Ahhh.. My bust...
TimG wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pmCan anybody confirm that they have emailed support, using the information from the "Email Support" button in BI5 settings ? That adds your licence details so support can prioritise help requests. I usually get a response within 3 days, but it could be longer at this time of year.

What you guys can do with this thread, is try to figure out the common factors here. For example, my Amd BI5 rig gets rebooted once a week due to noticeable slow downs with Emby and my other media servers that also run on it. Could that reboot be enough to avoid this issue ? Get some info here, and then get those emails in to support, referencing this thread.
Email Support????

DOH!!!!!

I have a tendency to make things harder than they have to be.. :D heh

Doing that now..
Michale32086

Post by Michale32086 »

Something I just noticed this morning.. Maybe it was prevalent before and I just missed it..

When I try to access BI5 thru the web browser, I get a new error message

THE WEBPAGE CANNOT BE FOUND

And this pops up instantaneously...

It's as if BI5 is actively refusing or shutting down connections..

As Tom Cruise said in A FEW GOOD MEN

"I don't know what all that means.. But it sounds pretty bad."