New Client / Question

General discussion about Blue Iris
redbull23

New Client / Question

Post by redbull23 »

Hello,

I took over managing a business and they currently are in need of new Security Camera Software. I found some people recommend Blue Iris. Would this software be a good business solution? We currently have 5 cam's installed and will be adding 7 more. 12 will probably be the max we will need for this location. They currently have ExacQVision installed, which was working fine but was out of date and I would prefer to find something a little better. Thanks for any input, I have never used Blue Iris 5 before.
TimG

Re: New Client / Question

Post by TimG »

Hi, there appear to be plenty of business users who do use it, but I'm a home owner with a selection of cameras, so I can't say any more than that. Have you tried the demo version (Ken - IS there a demo version for BI5 ?) ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

BI is a good option for desktop based security, for all sizes. Get an adequate desktop for what you wantm, and, backups, and your all set.

ExacQVision out of date! Seems fine to me. How is it out of date?
redbull23

Post by redbull23 »

MikeBwca wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:19 pm BI is a good option for desktop based security, for all sizes. Get an adequate desktop for what you wantm, and, backups, and your all set.

ExacQVision out of date! Seems fine to me. How is it out of date?
Thanks. Our subscription is just expired. Debating on renewing that or going to BI, or some have suggested AXIS. Thanks!