Motion Sensing Zone Question

swather450

Motion Sensing Zone Question

Post by swather450 »

Is there a way to set up a zone such that if an object enters the zone and remains in the zone for say 5 seconds that an alert will trigger, whereas if an object passes through the zone in less than 5 seconds no alert is triggered? I would like to put a zone in front of my driveway, covering where my mailbox and trashcans sit. I don't want to trigger as cars drive down the road, only if they stop in front of my mailbox or driveway.
LOOPYLOOP

Re: Motion Sensing Zone Question

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

in the camera settings under the trigger section you can configure the motion sensor and set the minimum make time to whatever time you want.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

swather450 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 am ... I don't want to trigger as cars drive down the road, only if they stop in front of my mailbox or driveway.
What are you trying to accomplish? Catch is someone steals your mail? If someone enters your driveway?

I had tried that to catch the mail truck & possible mail thieves. It worked! But... it also triggered on everyone else stopping to get their mail, and, walking/bicycling by! I gave up on that. The normal camera covers that area continuously in case I need to check.

I've subscribed to the USPS 'Informed Delivery', which emails you with a list of the mail/packages you'll be getting that day, or the next. It even includes scans of the envelops!
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The developer put in a new mode to say "trigger on lack of motion" but that won't work in this scenario.