Android App 2.0.69 issue

General discussion about Blue Iris
MJBoater

Android App 2.0.69 issue

Post by MJBoater »

I am having problems with the app. When I go into the cameras and on the right side start viewing old clips, it only gives me 2 days worth of video. Im using the "reverse" icon and can page back about 2 days and then it doesnt allow me to go back any further days. When I open up a web browser on my laptop and access the same, I get 15 days of video playback.

"New" is set for 150 Gig and 15 day limit clip age. "Move to Folder" is checked and "Stored" is selected

"Stored" is set for 1500 Gig and 30 day limit
Delete is checked
TimG

Re: Android App 2.0.69 issue

Post by TimG »

This is an interesting one. I am using the same version of the BI android app on a Samsung Galaxy S7. My BI5 records 24/7, and I have a months worth of recordings on the BI5 server. It is now the 10th of Nov @ 10:00. Experimentation showed:

1. I can view old vids with the android app. Control is vid by vid using the "previous" button under the vid, or I can swipe the image from left to right to go back in larger time chunks.
2. The furthest I can go back with the android app is to 21:00 on the 7th November on my Drive cam. No more swipe, "previous" button doesn't do anything more.
3. Same with Left cam.
4. Same with Right cam.

The swipe movement suddenly stops working around 23:00 on the 7th, but the "previous" button allows me to go back a bit further to 21:00 on the 7th.

So:

5. There is a restriction, and it is moving. I can no longer view 21:00.
6. A vid on Youtube for a previous version of the android app with BI4, shows a "Clips" calender selector to the right of "Refresh" and "Restart" at the top of the screen. No longer available in this version. Hmm...
7. My android app is showing more than two days worth of recordings, but is still time limited.
8. The limitation is almost in line with the files in my NEW folder - but not quite.
9. There is nothing in the BI5 help files to explain this.

This probably means something to somebody at BI support, so I will send a message :idea:

I clearly would like to be able to view ALL vids from my BI5 server on my android device !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The short period does match up with "Alerts" in the main BI5 window. I have sent a query to support asking how to view the older vids with the android app, and I will add the response here.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

No response yet, but I've found something :shock:

The right hand icon for a camera in the android app shows Alerts. Only.

The left hand icon, which I thought ONLY showed Live video, has the calendar selector when viewing in the portrait view. If you can't see it, twist the phone to rotate the view, and twist it back again. Click on the calendar and choose the day. Et voila !

Did that function move, or has it always been like that ? There is a chance that I had never tried to look back so far with the android app !

I'll get my coat....
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've sent a message to support and will add any info to this thread when I get a response.
Forum Moderator.