XIAOMI Aqara G2 cameras w Blue Iris

MaximeOP

XIAOMI Aqara G2 cameras w Blue Iris

Post by MaximeOP »

Hi, I have just bought 4 XIAOMI Aqara G2 cameras for my bedrooms

https://www.banggood.com/Aqara-G2-With-Gateway-Function-1080P-WIFI-Smart-IP-Camera-Compatible-with-Mi-Home-APP-From-Xiaomi-Eco-System-p-1440492.html
https://www.aqara.com/

Is it possible to get them to work in Blue Iris?
TimG

Re: XIAOMI Aqara G2 cameras w Blue Iris

Post by TimG »

Now I will try to help anybody that I can, but I'm afraid this looks like an advert for cheap cameras. Why would you buy four cameras, and then try to figure out if they work with a completely different dvr program ?

Are they onvif ? I don't think so. Wi-fi only ? Not good for cctv. Do they mention that they may work with other programs ? No, only their own apps. A Zigbee hub ? Interesting, but of no use with BI.

As an Engineer, I would have checked the specifications first, and asked a few questions. I might then buy one camera for test purposes.

I rest my case your honour.

I will be highly amused if this IS a genuine request, and will then attempt to back pedal rapidly from my entrenched position :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
daesdaemar

Post by daesdaemar »

Actually, I have collected many surveillance cameras over the years including the "junk" ones. In researching their use with monitoring software it appears that they generally need to activate an RTSP feed to function properly. I am not a technophile and would very much much appreciate some insights in how to do this - particularly with Xiaomi brand.

For the record, all my recent purchases have been the higher end cameras but I would love to utilize the cheap ones cluttering my office.

Thanks in advance to all who endeavor to help!
adlib

Post by adlib »

As aqara (g2h version) seems to be an attractive option for those willing to play with Apple’s AI, it’d be great if we could add that camera to BlueIris as well. I’m only working with good, mostly wired stuff, but hey - does any of mobotik, Hikvision, Dahua, Uniview or whatever popular camera brand support HomeKit? No. With HomeKit we can get face recognition and automation based on it for free, so the solution even with cheap Chinese crap works in some regard better than most expensive stuff from professional manufacturers.